Antenatal and NCT

I did Nct! They really helped, sometimes you have to take what they say with a pinch of salt though!
I still see the girls in my class at least once a week! So was definitely worth it!
XxX

---
-

Im really looking forward to meeting people in my group. Ive not got any friends over here so would be nice to make some as I think I will be quite lonely when Bubs is born and OH is at work :)

I think you have to take all advice with a pinch of salt, everyone has a different opinion on birth/caring for the baby

thanks girls, im going to look into it i think :)

knopk you went to putney right? xx

There are none in Putney, the are either Fulham or Wandsworth, quite a few different venues so do a search on their website. My husband wrote to them when I was 22 weeks(I was still in denial:shakehead:) and we were put on a waiting list, they had enough couples to put together another class

There are none in Putney, the are either Fulham or Wandsworth, quite a few different venues so do a search on their website. My husband wrote to them when I was 22 weeks(I was still in denial:shakehead:) and we were put on a waiting list, they had enough couples to put together another class

oh, not sure where i saw putney then!?

so wandsworth or fulham, OK i'm going to take a look.

How are you anyway hunny? xx

oh, not sure where i saw putney then!?

so wandsworth or fulham, OK i'm going to take a look.

How are you anyway hunny? xx

They sort of have Putney but the locations were closer to Fulham or Wandsworth, it does depend on demand so do a search or write to them.

I am fine but final weeks seem to be all about pain and discomfort, I say enjoy tri2 as much as you can! :)

I am asking the boy to hold on until his daddy is back from the bloody business trip which is 2nd September.

I've booked the NCT courses too as I heard from others that the local NHS one (only 3 hours) was not very good. DH and I ahve no experience at all of babies - and need all the advice and help we can get! Also a chance to meet others locally (hopefully not 'ladies who lunch' as we really don't fit that mould!) Ours is a fair bit more expensive than the price other ladies here have quoted... does it maybe change depending on location? Strange!

think they should be around the same price if they're all NCT - they add the membership fee on when you're booking which you can take off (I did) - that might be why yours was more....

Oh no they are not the same price, in my area it was 289 but you can pay in installments. You dint have to get the membership, I didn't

Oh no they are not the same price, in my area it was 289 but you can pay in installments. You dint have to get the membership, I didn't

289! :roll: typical round here ! xx

I was really apprehensive about paying that much money but my husband persuaded me and I am glad he did because I met lovely people who are in the area and feel like I have more support.

Yes - I am paying off in installments as it's £264, but hopefully it will be worth it! I think maybe it varies in price depending on the cost of hiring the location?

I was obviously lucky, because I'm a single mum, my local children's centre subsidised my Nct classes and I paid £15.50!!!
It was the only way I could afford to do them!
XxX

I think the NCT classes are meant to be the best - in terms of bathing the rules keep changing!(as everything during pregnancy seems to) when I first trained as a nanny you absolutely didn't bath the baby until the cord has come away, you would just top and tail with water and cotton wool, I think now they say that you can bath them whenever you like. From personal experience I have found that top and tailing them with water for the first couple of weeks is all you need to do, especially as it gives their gorgeous, soft skin a chance to produce its own oils without any chemicals or products on it :) However I am sure that none of us will escape without some sort of poo or sick explosion which will definitely warrant a bath for LO!!!! At least we have the option either way! I just like the idea of leaving bubba chemical and product free as long as possible:angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back