Next stage car seat

ZMD

Reaction score
Tegan is still in her carrier as she's only 6 months old But when it becomes time to move into a bigger car seat is it by weight or age? as in the babys are us catalogue it says 9months/20lbs Im confused lol x

I'm not sure either but I know its safer for them to be rear facing so gonna try and keep ella in this one as long as I can!

it has to be both according to mothercare apparently!! so over 9 months and over the lbs limit x

I can't see Tegan weighing 20lb for ages yet! But she's getting to long for her carrier x

it's head height i believe!! I've been looking into these already but OH is deciding what one he wants to get H as apparently i know nothing!!

We've got a proper car seat for Aiden cos he was so cramped in his carrier the little fatty! Got mine from kiddicare £90 reduced to £45. Was a while ago but think the offer is still on. It's suitable from birth to 4 years

Cian has been in the next stage one since about 6 and a half months. It reclines, a graco maxi cosi one. He was gettin far too long and big for his carrier that it looked like he'd be in pain when in it. My daughter was about 7 months when she swapped x

we got told that if you had a child in the wrong car seatfor their age/weight etc then if anything were to happen whilst in the car and it was someone elses fault and the child got hurt due to the fact, then the person who hit you couldnt be held responsible as if the child got hurt, it would more thna likely be to the car sseat being wrong! im not trying cause a fight or anything but im just saying what we got told ,,,,
x

an then came back home and found this:
When your child weighs between 9 and 18 kilogrammes and has outgrown their rear-facing baby seat, they can use a forward-facing baby seat. These seats also have their own straps and are held in place by the adult seat belt.
In a seat with a front airbag, make sure a forward-facing child seat is as far back from the airbag as possible.

from direct.gov.....

confused.om YES x

Thanks ladies Im doing to babies are us saturday so will ask in there it makes it even harder as i've got a ford ka and Not many seats will fit in it x

let us know what they say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 too much conflicting advice!
x

Far to much different advice! she's got Another 3 months before she's 9 months But babies r us have got some great offers on Atm so may buy one now x

Have you considered extended rear facing? You can get car seats that can be rear facing until your child is 4 (although most people wouldnt go that long!) but there are 2 main ones that are easily brought, like the maxi cosi mobi, and also the britax first class. They're both the big car seats so much much more room for your LO, but it is, by far, safer to keep them fear facing for as long as possibly. They prefer to go by age when it comes to forward facing as the muscles in the neck have time to stregnthen.

You can also get a volvo car seat (same as the britax I believe) from volvo dealers which is fairly cheap but has really good reviews. I had a look at this site and its really useful and you can find rear facing seats on there too. :blush: Sorry to ramble there!

Whoops! Forgot to put the site on! http://www.carseat.se/

Last edited:
melio your such a cool parent coming out will all these facts!! i learn a lot from you woman!! x

I got a 0+ seat from Argos for £30 and it's rear and forward facing. I was going to keep Isla in it until her feet touch the back of the chair.

Zoe, Isla is only 14lb 14! It seems to be taking ages to put weight on now

I got a 0+ seat from Argos for £30 and it's rear and forward facing. I was going to keep Isla in it until her feet touch the back of the chair.

Aww Another dainty little girl Tegan is only gaining 5oz in about 18 days Not gettin her Weighed for a month now though.
i tried a Argos 0+ seat and it was to big for my car x

Aww Another dainty little girl Tegan is only gaining 5oz in about 18 days Not gettin her Weighed for a month now though.
i tried a Argos 0+ seat and it was to big for my car x

I struggle with space too as I have a beetle.

As to the weight, Isla gained 9oz in a month!! I know it slows down as they get older but at this rate she will be 1 before she fits in her seat!

I also think Tegan will be 1 before she fits in hers lol! the annoying thing with the ka is the seatbelts are to short! x

Well Im now back from babies are us, really helpful man in there explained it isn't 9 months or 20lbs its when there head reaches the top of their carrier its then no longer safe for them to be in. i found a 9month + that fits in my car so i've got that whilst it was on offer But she will be staying in her carrier until she's to tall x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back