NEWS FROM SHAZ!!! BABY HERE AND NEED HELP! LONG POST

Shaz

Reaction score
Hi Girls just checking in - it's been a unreal couple of days and nights!

Basically my little boy has arrived - 12.44am Sunday 4th February 2007 via emergency c-section after 13 odd hours of "established" labour.

Connor James Gray weighed in at 7lb 11oz, a decent weight, but newborn size stuff seems to dwarf him bless him.

We are both fine - I'm a little sore and shocked (I'll post the birth story on the annoucement drive when I have time!).

He's lovely, dark hair, big blue eyes and very much looking like his daddy - including daddy's big feet. Will post pictures when OH is up (he's holding the baby at the moment).

Anyway - back to my "help" - we came home yesterday and my milk has just started to come through - I'm desperately trying to breastfeed but Connor suckling across both breasts for up to an hour at a time and still seems hungry.

We topped him up with formula last night to get a few hours sleep (I hadn't slept since the operation on Sunday morning) and even the Midwives at the hospital couldn't passify him and brought him back to me after an hour of trying to settle him.

Problem we have is that he WILL sleep after feeding even if only for a short time (he slept for quite a long time after the bottle), but only on me or Daddy - he simply will not go into the moses basket, he hates it and he hated the cot in the hospital.

We've out our clothes in with him for our warmth and scent, we've swaddled him, we've tried putting him in awake, putting him in asleep, dark room, living room - nothing seems to work. Within about 5 minutes he's awake and screaming. We thought after the bottle (because that's the first proper feed he'd had) he'd just conk out but no good.

We just need him to sleep in the basket for at least an hour after feeding so we can just get a few zzz's ourselves.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'll post on the "ask a mum" topic too.

Hope everyone else is OK - any news from Kellie - she was due the day before me!!!

I have no idea how to settle babies, but we have bought one of these: http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/ ... asp?id=119 for when ours is born. It comes with a silkie which you wear for a bit, plus womb noises. I'm sure a real mum will have better ideas!

Congratulations, and I hope you manage to get some sleep soon. Looking forward to reading your birth story :hug:

Hello shaz,
I had a simular problem with faith she didnt take to the breast so gave her a bottle and she still wouldnt sleep not even for 5 mins!!
well i worked out she didnt like her swinging cradle so swapped it for her moses basket now shes going every 2-3 hours at night!!

Congrats on your arrival!!

Congratulations Shaz! Sorry i haven't got any advice as Nathan would sleep on the washing line, LOL! Just wanted to congratulate you :cheer:

not got any advice but just wanted to CONGRATULATE you on your baby boy - well done chick' :cheer: :cheer:

congratulations hun hope you get some sleep soon :hug: xxx

sorry I don't know either but wanted to say congratulations on Connor's safe arrival.

congratulations :cheer:

Hope you manage to get some sleep soon :hug:

Just had another thought - have you put a hot water bottle into his cot, and then taken it out before putting him in? Again as a mum-to-be I have no idea if that works, but it helped my friends baby. Along with the jumper that smelt of them, plus some form of white noise.

Again....no advice, I was going to suggest the clothes thing, but you've already tried it.

Congratulations on his safe arrival, I hope he settles to sleep in his basket soon :hug: :hug:

Congratulations! I think you will get to know what he likes after a while through trying different things. I found that rocking Finley to sleep works when he wants to be held. Can't do that forever though lol!

Hi

Congradulations!! Hope you fix the sleeping problem. Kiara was like this except it was because we would always fall asleep with her in the bed while breastfeeding so i just continued it till she was 6 months so we could all sleep :? I know its not what alot of others moms would do though :think:
What about those baby co sleepers ive seen that are kinda like a little bed that the baby lies in you can try putting it in the moses basket ?
It is made for the bed but im sure you can use it anywhere.
If you look on ebay it will show a pictire of it.

Katrina

I had similar thing with my little girl, for the first week or 2 she just slept in the bed with me as it was worth it to get some decent sleep. I was told they are too young to form habits when first born so it shouldnt do any harm, try him in the basket when he is a little bit older. Also sleeping together is meant to be good for bonding and makes baby feel secure. One other thing I found was that she didnt particularly ever like the moses basket but slept great in the carrycot of her pram. x

Congrats on the birth of Connor hun!

congratulations on your arrival and hope you enjoy your little man, all the best with the problem sorry i'm no help. :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back