Baby Vince

ISH

Reaction score
We're home with our lovely baby!!! We were discharged last night, they wanted to keep an eye on him for a little longer as some of his tests weren't as good as they could be.

Well, all in all, we've done quite well. My water birth was not what I'd expected it, got told to push when I shouldn't by one of the MWs and that created some swelling of the cervix, plus baby was twisted in an awkward position, he was a little distressed towards the end so had to use a forceps to hurry things up, but once we saw him we fell in love! He's perfect and is a clone of his daddy - i.e. GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you so much for all your support and Olive for the labour thread, you've been wonderful xxxxxx

Attachments

• IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 37
aww, hes gorgeous! well done you! xx

He is adorable, sorry your labour wasn't exactly what you hoped for but I don't suppose that matters much when you look at little Vince.

Awww he's adorable! Congratulations again x

Awwww.. hello baby vincent!!
He's lovely :D

Congratulations xx

He's beautifull! congratulations xx

Aw hes gorgeous. Congratulations hun xx

Thank you, lovelies! xxx If you remember, I was quite keen on the midwife led birthing unit, they make it sound like a dream come true. Well, it was much much worse than expected, I was left alone for most of the time (completely the opposite of what they tell you), had to BEG for gas and air, and when I finally asked for epi and was transferred to the regular birthing unit and had a team of doctors around, it was SO much better in every way, I was attended constantly and felt quite reassured that I would be taken care of - which I was!

All in all, midwife led birthing unit was an epic fail for me. Not recommended at all.

But baby and I are doing well, daddy's been wonderful and has done so much, we are incredibly happy :love:

Last edited:
congrats ish, sorry the unit wasnt up to scratch but baby vince is gorgeous anyway lol x

Congrats ISH he is lovely - glad you are all home and well x

Aw he's adorable, what a lovely photo. Congratulations again hun. :)

x

he is so gorgeous a right little heartbreaker. xxxxxxx

So pleased for you ISH!!

He's gorgeous, Congratulations :love:

Awww... Huge congrats!! Little Vince is adorable! Xx

Congratulations he is gorgeous.

When I had dd I hated the midwife led and was moved to consultant ward as she was pre-term. Like you say midwife led you are left alone and they aren't keen on pain relief

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back