kirstymichelle

Reaction score
Hi all, i thought i'd introduce myself my name is Kirsty and my partner and i are TTC baby number 1 for him and 2 for me , i have a 5 year old daughter from a previous relationship. We've been tring now for 18 months with no luck , my periods did stop alltogether for 6 months of this , after much nagging of the doctors and everyone around me (i just didnt feel right ) i finally got diagnosed with PCOS . It took a lot to convince anyone that i wasn't right i kept on saying it was my hormones , i felt soo ill and panicky constantly , the doctors ran blood tests , lung tests , heart readings ( i kept getting palpitations) and said nope nothing is wrong. Then a last ditch attempt i went back because i had an awful stabbing pain after intercourse and a registrar doctor that wanted to make sure he'd crossed all the t's and dotted all his i's said he thought it was worth sending me for a scan just to be sure and bob's your uncle my ovaries are bulky with many cysts!! . So now we're moving places and i have my first appointment at the reproductive medical centre on the 28th of this month. Had blood work done this month on day 3 and 21 and it showed no ovulation its day 33 today and AF is here today .

As i'm new to this process i need much help and support and i find that unless someone isn't going through this they they just dont know really how you feel .

Thanks if you took the time to read the above :thanks:

and i wish you all the best luck in your journey x

Hi and welcome Kirsty :)

Sorry about all the hassle you have had to go through to get diagnosed :(

Your upcoming appointment will hopefully get you well on the way to getting treated ;)

Where in Derbyshire are you? There is quite a lot of us in the area :) There is also a lot of girls with PCOS so your not alone :hug:

Welcome Hun,

Glad your persistence payed of, you'll learn a lot here, and everyone is really nice.

xx

Hey Kirsty!

Welcome to LTTTC. The support within this forum is amazing and has been a godsend to me!!

I haven't any experience with PCOS but any time you want to chat, feel free to PM me!!

Em x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back