Newbie to site & Wohooo Im Pregnant:)!!

LucyAnn

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I found out I was pregnant on Saturday 12th just gone :) wow im full of shock, excitement and worry!

Basically I have been on 'the pill' for years! I am 23 and just got Engaged :dance: to the love of my life Jon 3 weeks ago (which i'm still in shock from ):)

We had to take 4 CLEARBLUE tests till we believed we were pregnant! first one was blank and the next 3 were 5+ weeks!!!

So on Tuesday 15th We saw a Midwife and have arranged our first appointment 2nd march for possible scan and to recieve more info and plan tests and things!

Now odly enough for the last month I had been feeling bloated think 'oh my stomach will go down tomorro' lol HOW NIAVE! haha!

And the only reason we took a test originally was because on the friday I had been sick at work and for some reason every thought 'mmm sick once = pregnant!' so yes we got paranoid and to our shock they are right!

Now although this baby was unexpected we are definatly keeping him / her.

Things just feel all over the place we are currently buying my fiances moms house - mortgage and selling our flat and we are having an engagement party in april, then I had a little crash in my car early this week on ice and so on! I work in quite a target driven job and feel like millions of things are all over the place!

The main concern I have is i was on medication for insomnia - which midwife assures us wont have affected baby I am just concerned now i cant take my medication i cant sleep :'( been having 1-2 hours per night this week :( and it makes me very crabby :( and need a solution i get so mad when i cant sleep, irritable and for the first time ever me and Jon Had a little Spat!

Im just finding it all quite difficult. I think i'm very very scared I really am, me and Jon had started talking dates for weddings holidays together goals in life etc and i'm so scared for any effect on US as a couple. I understand some things are going to be re-schedueled and put back or put off he has assured me at our earliest will will get married im just paranoid that if there is any doubt even the tiniest he doesnt want this baby there could be conflict in the future?!?! He has said how much he loves me and says as we both understand if we were planning then we would have waited till after wedding etc and he says when he thinks about it it makes him so happy and it feels perfect and its all he wanted etc!

im just full on nervousness irritablity and everything at the moment I have suffered with panic disorder in the past and currently have a sleeping disorder im just so scared i am not strong enough:(

Everytime i get irritable i start questioning are we doing the right thing and I actually said to Jon last night 'it's not fair bringing a child into our lives when I could suffer healthwise, when the babys health could be affected if im not sleeping etc' regret saying it but i do really believe i could end up not coping with everything feel so so weak.

We are really excited to find out how far gone - test said 5 weeks+ because thats the maximum it can judge time wise, midwife said she didnt think we were over 3 months as she could tell by feeling my stomach & the only guide we are using is that I was on antibiotics mid December .........

I know its a super long post - feel alittle better actually writing this down and would appreciate anyone saying hello and even any advice :)

Lucy
xxxxxx

Hi Lucy :wave:
Welcome to PF. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
I'm not surprised you feel anxious, you have an awful lot going on in your life. I'm sure that finding out a baby is on the way makes you raise a few questions about your future.
I would speak with your Dr about your insomnia and other worries, maybe he can help re-assure you or suggest some alternative therapies?
Are you sure the clear blue digi didn't say 3+ weeks? I didn't think it went any higher than that x

Thankyou :)

Well at the time we saw midwife on tuesday I had slept on the weekend fine and without medication because of finding out im pregnant and I could never knowingly take one as they are called Immovane and very strong for me as an adult let alone a lil tiny baby. So at the time I saw her I raised the concern but we both never really spoke about it to be honest I only remembered on the night time when i couldnt sleep so will prob have to look for something herbal but scared herbal stuff wont work also :(

Well on the stick it said 5 weeks + and only the instructions it says that mean 3 weeks + the 2 weeks of fertilisation .......I think.

lucy

Hiya
Just popping in to say congratulations xxx
You have lots to look forward to!

Hi, welcome to pf! Come on over to tri 1.... Sounds like your hormones are kicking in nicely, perfectly normal! I also have in tri 1 suffered sleep problems and all ok now so maybe part of ur pregnancy. Post this again over there, some girls may be able to give you advice. You do have a lot on your plate.... Huge congrats to you both!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations and welcome to the forum :) Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy! xx

Hey welcome to the forum and congratulations on your bfp... Amy xx

Hey :wave:

Welcome to PF & congrats on your pregnancy, wishing you a happy healthy 9 months :clover:

xxx

Hiya LucyAnn and welcome to the forum!! Come over to Tri 1 with us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back