Newbie Here!! Got My First Doc Appointment Later

leesha

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm new on here!!

My Husband and I have been TTC for 18 months now and nothing has happened. I've been taking folic acid, making sure we do it at the right times, taking body temperatures, ovulation tests etc.

We're both 24, our BMI's are normal, we're healthy and fit and eat a healthy diet.

I'm actually really nervous about the appointment and was wondering if anyone can give any advice on what questions to ask and what might happen.

The GP explained on the phone about blood tests on day 4 and 21 of my cycle and the Hubby will have to give a semen sample.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks for any help.

Alicia xxxx

Sounds like you're doing everything you can and i guess the next step will depend on your results?

Do you have regular cycles?

Yes, my cycles are every 30 days. I come on like clock work everytime!! I've never been on the pill, I've always had a coil so no harmful chemicals in my body. Fingers crossed for later though.

Hope it goes well honey. My dr sent me a booklet about what to expect with infertility. If you would like me to forward to you just private message me your email address.

Hope it goes well Hun. I have a document from my gp about what to expect with infertility. It's very informative. Can forward it to you if you like. Just private message me your email address.

Sorry for the duplicate posts. Stupid tapatalk!

hey hun you sound very similar to me!!

me and my partner have been trying for 18months aswell, i have regular cycles like clock work, we're both in our 20's and we do it at the right times on the right days.
only difference is i did fall pregnant after 10 months but mc.
now 6 months later and nothing.

we've both said after this cycle id go to the doctors and have a talk.
sometimes doctors need to be pushed so demand to be taken seriously lol!

let me know how it goes and what they say :)

It went great. My gp was fab. AF is due tomorrow and shes booked me im for my first bloods on day 2 of my cycle to check my hormones and day 19 of my cycle for 2nd blood test. Getting it sorted straight away! Shes referred Hubby to the hospital to give a semen sample so hopefully by yhe rnd of September we'll have those results. She explained if they came back ok she would refer us both to the fertility clinic at the hospital for further tests but did mention that they probably wouldnt take us seriously as we are both young. They will probably tell us to keep trying for another year or so before offering the tests/treatment. On the other hand, if our results come back showing a problem, then obviously they would do something as it would mean we cant have a baby or would struggle without help. So im pretty positive. It just annoys me as my 18 year old sister is pregnant after a one night stand. Shes alo on the pill. She doesnt have a job, lives at home, doesnt have a fella or any qualifications and shes keeping it. Its really upset me when I cant get pregnant and hve so much to offer. Im married, have a house, me and the hubby both have great well paid jobs. Its just not fair. She has asked me to be her birthing partner though. Im touched and cant wait, but its killing me at the same time. Xxx

aw that is positive hun get the ball rolling!! good luck :)!!!!

i know the feeling babe me and my fiance live together work and are a proper family, yet my best friend started seeing a guy for 2 weeks last year got pregnant and now has her baby she was 19 no job no home nothing, all the while i was trying. i told her she was stupid and she said i was just jealous cuz she could get pregnant and i cant!

but our times will come and we'll be the best at it :)

Thats what we keep saying. Its just not our time yet. And when it is we'll be the best parents ever!! I think we'll appreciate it so much more as we've had to work so hard for it.

I really wish you the best of luck too. I cant say I know how you feel as ive never mc. But what I can say is iy happens to the best of people and theres always a reason. So keep trying!!

Xxx

I know just how u feel my best mate has a 10 month old and is pregnant again by a guy she's been with only a few months , she's keeping it even though she's not happy about it, another friend is pregnant by someone she wasn't even in a relationship with and my fiances sister is pregnant by her on off boyfriend who she has a really ridiculous immature relationship with it's just not fair! Though I haven't been trying as long as you guys it's annoying when people who don't even really want the kids get pregnant so easily!

thank you hun :) .....

*hugs* and baby dust :)

aw bianca i have gotton into so much trouble with my debates on that! so many people i know my age have a one night stand , get pregnant still live at home arnt with there partners and still go out drinking , taking drugs smoking and really do not care , apart from seeing there babies as a free ticket to a council house and a doll to dress up ~! (obviously that isn the case for everyone. but some of the girls i know)

iv cried over it screamed and got so frustrated!.especially when i lost my baby, the way i get through it is to think, people like that need to have kids that grow up to be like them, to make MY kids feel better about themselves and know how lucky they are and how loved they are :D

Totally agree minxies. Free house, bils, childcare, benefits etc. They want kids to get all the previous. More kids mean more money too!! I just feel sorry for the kids, its not their fault their parents are screwed up. Shame theyll end up that way too. Obviously this doesnt apply to everyone, but for the most!! Jeremey Kye!! No wonder hes managed to stay in business!! Lolol! Wont say anymore on the subject!!

OMG!!! Sods law!!! Just done a test and im pregnant!!!! Yay!!!

OMG!!! Sods law!!! Just done a test and im pregnant!!!! Yay!!!

No bfps in the ttc bit Leesha but well done!! You deserve it after trying so long, and the sods law approach seems to work for a few people ;)

Guess you won't be needing that leaflet! Lol. Congrats honey x

omg thats amazing!!! congrats there is hope!!!!

Ahh congratulations, happy for you and obviously jealous! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back