New TTCer here......

Amelie30

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

I am newly married, aged 30 and ttc for the first time...........where do I start???

I was hoping to not get bogged down with temps, ovulating etc and just let nature take its course while we enjoy married life........should I be working harder at it though?? :roll: x

Hiya and welcome to the forum :wave:
If you're happy to go with the flow then do it hun :hug: You will get lots of advice and support here :hug:

:wave: Hi and welcome to the mad world of ttc :D

Congratulations on your recent marriage :hug:

Like Snuggle's has said you will get lots of advice and support here.

Good Luck ttc :hug: :hug:

Thank you ladies, we have a couple of holidays booked for next year, both long haul, so not trying too hard!! :rotfl: Which prob means it will happen straight away!! Was going to wait until end of next year but as no-one knows how long it will take, thought we had better start sooner rather than later.....cant wait to have a huge preggy bump!! x

Hiya darlin. :) If you don't want to get bogged down but also don't want sex to be a chore as it can become when you're ttc, just pay attention to your discharge. When it gets really wet and slippery and sometimes stretchy, it's fertile and you can try to get pregnant during this time in your cycle. Sorry to be graphic. :) This usually happens about halfway through your cycle.

Good luck!!

Melissa :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Amelie :wave:

I had the same idea as you - I knew that I would ovulate roughly halfway through my cycle, but I didn't want to get bogged down with temps and charting as I knew it would take over my life!! We started trying three months ago, and BDing every other day was what did the trick for us - got my BFP this month. Just relax and enjoy yourself! :dance:

melissa5317 said:
Hiya darlin. :) If you don't want to get bogged down but also don't want sex to be a chore as it can become when you're ttc, just pay attention to your discharge. When it gets really wet and slippery and sometimes stretchy, it's fertile and you can try to get pregnant during this time in your cycle. Sorry to be graphic. :) This usually happens about halfway through your cycle.

Good luck!!

Melissa :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Melissa.....graphic is fine, its good to hear all the stuff that people in "real life" dont tell you about :hug: xxx

Chopsie said:
Hi Amelie :wave:

I had the same idea as you - I knew that I would ovulate roughly halfway through my cycle, but I didn't want to get bogged down with temps and charting as I knew it would take over my life!! We started trying three months ago, and BDing every other day was what did the trick for us - got my BFP this month. Just relax and enjoy yourself! :dance:

Hey, thats great to hear - I can be a bit obsessive and am a habitual list maker :lol: :lol: So want this to just be a fun and enjoyable time for us and want BDing to remain something we do for fun rather than a chore if that makes sense......congratulations to you xxxx

I'm fairly new to this whole thing too (welcome by the way!)

We're trying not to get too bogged down in the whole thing either. I've decided to start by just having a rough idea of when I should be ovulating and aiming to BD around that time - rather than charting temperatures etc. I wasn't previously aware of the whole 'secretions' thing ( :lol: ) but will start trying to observe that next month (assuming we don't get BFP this month out of luck!).

All the very best hun!

Welcome to TTC :wave:

Only suggestion I would make is to figure out how long your cycle is and work back roughly 14 days from AF so you know when you're likely to be most fertile. When we first started TTC I was pretty clueless and we were bedding way too early :oops:

Good luck x

Thank you for all the kind welcomes and advice - incredibly I dont even know how long my cycle is :oops: :oops:
I have made a note of the first day of my period this month, and will do over the next couple of months si I can have a rough idea of ovulation times :cheer: xx

good luck hunny and welcome to married life, hope you get your BFP quickly xx

We decided to take it slow and see what happens at first but im into my 3rd month of trying now. This month we seem to be taking it more seriously.. i know it can take a while but those thoughts of 'what if we cant' creep in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back