New to TTC and to this site!

beanster

Reaction score
Hi there. I am 35 and me and my hubby have just started TTC. Bit worried and confused about having just stopped the pill (last month) after having been on it for a lot of years. I don't know what my natural cycle is and how my body reacts to my AF so won't really know if i am late or if i have been luck enough to conceive. Also a bit freaked out by lots of maternal feelings that I didn't think I had untill we decided that the time was right to TTC!!!!!
Has anyone had similar experiences or advice that they can share
:lol:

Hi there,

Firstly, welcome!!

Secondly, yep, I know exactly how you feel- DH and I are in our early 30s and this is our first month ttc. All of a sudden ttc is all I can think about and :bd: is all I'm interested in- DH is delighted!

I'd suggest reading up on how to spot when you ovulate and basically have fun while trying!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I know how you feel in some way I have been trying for 4 years now and always get negatives lol 4 years ago I didn't have a maternal bone in my body as I am a career person, but then one day that changed and here I am 4 years on still trying and I am desperate then any other woman trying lol

Good Luck with everything and hope you get a BFP soon

Donna xx

Thanks for your replies. It's true that I have been taken over by a baby brain!!! When me and my DH first got together at uni babies were the last thing on our minds. After being married for 7 years now I think even our parents have given up hope. I never really got any feelings when I saw babies or anything. I'm a primary school teacher so think i had my fill of small children at work. Just recently we have felt that we have all reached a stage where something is missing from our life and we are ready to start a family and now i have strange feelings invading every hour! It's all i can think about sometimes! :)Feel a bit like I should know all about TTC as well cos I am getting on a bit but really I don't know a thing!! We are having fun trying though but I'm dreading the thought of it taking years. My sister took 2 years of trying before my niece was born - don't know if it runs in families?

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and good luck! :wave:

Hiya!

I'm new to all this too! I also came of the pill last month so don't know when my AF is going to start. I think i'm over a week late but that could just be my body playing tricks on me because of the pill. I did a test last Sunday and got a negative (it was expected). I've never wanted the dreaded AF to arive so much lol. Then we can start trying properly.

Good luck and keep in touch because it sounds like we're in exactly the same stage of TTC!!

Lots of luck to you xxx

Thanks for your message - good to know someone else is going through the same weird crazy times!!!!!
I have been feeling very strange at the moment - I know it's just hormones playing havoc after coming off the pill and getting ready for a natural AF but a little bit of me can't help hoping even though i know i won't be!
It's fun trying though! Not sure how scientific the legs in the air theory is but it makes us laugh a lot which much help in the long run.
Good luck to you - keep in touch

sorry - didn't say thanks for the reply Clairbear22!!! in the above message!
Thanks to everyone else too - i'm sure i will be asking lots of stupid questions about the whole thing over then next few months!

hiya and welcome to the forum!
I came off the pill in mid september and I too didn't have a clue when AF was due as I've never been regular. I kept a record by circling my cycle on a calender but I concieved virtually straight away! I had two 'normal' AF with my last on 16th Nov. I only tested to see if I was pregnant as I was due to give blood on Dec 23rd and they always ask if there is any chance you could be pregnant.
So good luck ttc, fingers crossed and keep in touch x

Thanks rakrak
I have circled the first 'AF' that i had after stopping the pill (the normal break bleeding before starting a new pack) and am now waiting for a real one! Am having symptoms of one coming - sore boobs, grumbly tummy pains etc but no sign yet!!!! Need to stop reading books about pregnancy symptoms i think until i know what my cycle is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back