New to this section!

Apple2018

Reaction score
Hi there

I have over the past 6 months used the ttc section of this forum. Well after 6 months of ttc and just starting cycle 7, my husband and I are going for tests at the doctor and getting referred to the fertility clinic (you get referred by NHS Grampian after 6 months of ttc when over 35).
My husband phoned the doctor today and is getting a semen analysis. I have an appointment on the 21st with my doctor to arrange tests.
Can anyone tell me what tests that will be undertaken and the process? Currently my cycles range from 29 - 33 days with one cycle being everywhere! I have a short lp with the highest being 10 days but that can include spotting.
Any advice / thoughts on this would be appreciated!

It’s seems to vary in each area but for me first the GP did day 21 bloods to check I was ovulating and hubby had a semen analysis.

After both came back fine we were referred to fertility at the hospital. I had to have 2 scans. One was a intravaginal ultrasound, I’m not really sure what the purpose of this one was as they did the scan said my ovaries are quite low and then said everything was okay. Second was a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) where they insert dye and X-ray to check your tubes are clear.

After all these tests were fine fertility then referred me to the ivf clinic.

I don’t think I missed anything but each area seems to have a different process.

6 months isn’t too long so it could always happen naturally while you are waiting for tests. Good luck x

It’s seems to vary in each area but for me first the GP did day 21 bloods to check I was ovulating and hubby had a semen analysis.

After both came back fine we were referred to fertility at the hospital. I had to have 2 scans. One was a intravaginal ultrasound, I’m not really sure what the purpose of this one was as they did the scan said my ovaries are quite low and then said everything was okay. Second was a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) where they insert dye and X-ray to check your tubes are clear.

I don’t think I missed anything but each area seems to have a different process.

6 months isn’t too long so it could always happen naturally while you are waiting for tests. Good luck x

Thank you. Hoping it happens naturally but will just have to wait.

If i needed to get meds for my lp would that be through the fertility clinic most likely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back