Semen analysis and how long to abstain and referral now in new job!!!

LD1978

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Apologies if this has been asked before :eh:

Hubby is off for his semen analysis next week and I was wondering how long he should abstain?

I think they said 5 to 7 days but wondered what was best.

I am also getting my referral done now so let's hope we get some answers. I was worried about getting referred as started a new job but figure I can't put life on hold and what's more important. I guess by the time I get an appointment will of been there a couple of months and wont feel so bad going for tests. Did you guys tell your work.. I hope it's ok as I've not been there long eeek sd

Hey hun, think as long as oh abstains for at least 3 days before test its ok. My hubby has had 2 SA and that's what we did and it was fine.

Don't worry about having to take time off for tests. If I were you I wouldn't tell your work, just say that you have a hospital appt that you need time off for. I've been thru 2 team leaders in the time I've been ttc and my previous manager, a woman was great giving me time off for tests but occasionally she would ask 'is everything ok' I could tell she was dying to know and even tho I trusted her I would just say its nothing serious don't worry! Now I have a male boss, who is younger than me (not that that matters but y'know, he's a wee boy lol) and he doesn't ask me anything! He's like yeah no problem and is happy not to ask questions! He would die if I mentioned lady problems I think lol! It's actually better with him I think! But seriously your work do not have the right to know.

Good luck with your referral, FX you catch before you get your appt xxxx

My partner behaved for 3 nights before hun and it was fine xx

Can take about a week for the results though and doctors will need to see him they wont tell him over the phone xx

We were told 2-5 days, ideally 3-4 for each of ours

I'd do 3 days too, so he has to be relieved 72 hours before his appointment.

Then if it comes back low, for the next one i'd leave it 5 days just to see if it makes a difference :)

I think it's best to get all the faffing over and done with asap, new job or no ;)

Thanks ladies will definitely go for the 3 days.

Yes your right I need to get the tests done so referral is sent (about 6 weeks wait I think) I should be able to work from home too which will help. My doc said if I can just go straight for lap and dye - eek I've never been in hospital and scared thinking about it!! Plus I'm scared of being sick (god knows how I'd cope with ms) so scared of anaesthetic

Thanks for all your advice :) xx

we were told no less than 2 and no more than 7 days if that helps! i wish i had never told my boss she tried to make me take holidays for my appointments so i contacted HR and hit her with the facts, i think that annoyed her even more but i dont care anymore this is way more important! good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back