new to this forum! young and pregnant! read please?

youngmummytobe

Reaction score
well i thought id give an opening paragraph about myself so i can gather a few opinions! :)

well im 18 and ive had 4 sexual partners. each long-term(ish?) i got with my first boyfriend at 14 untill i was almost 17 and we didnt use protection often (silly i know!!) and i never fell pregnant, my second partner i was with from jan 2009 untill june 2009 and again we never used the pill or condoms. again i never fell pregnent. i also had a one night stand, i used a condom however it was a faulty one and was split quite badly. (i HAVE been checked for sti's and i am clear by the way!) i was convinced i wasnt able to concieve anyway and now this partner ive been with for 6 months, we didnt used any contraception on about three or four occasions...

one morning i was sick and felt ill all day, i was only one week late on my period so i thought stuff it ill do a test! two lines appeared. i screamed, cried, ran round the house, threw up.
now three weeks later i want this baby, but my partner doesnt.

what a mess guys. i said to him last night 'i dont need you telling me i only have one option, i dont need you either' he rang me a few times and text me and i havent spoken to him as i didnt reply. i said this to him as he said if i didnt abort the baby, he would cut all contact and wouldnt want to know me

am i wrong ??? help please :eek:)

Quite a complex situation hun :eh:

Welcome to the Forum, posting in 1st trimester will get you some support xx

Hi :)
That is quite a complex situation and i can sympatise with you. Although i am a couple of years older and always used protection i ended up pregnant and my ex wanted me to get rid of it and i couldnt do it so he left. It's always going to be hard but you get used to it :) i'm only a few weeks away from having my babay and i wouldn't change a thing now as hard as it was to start with :) If you want the baby its your decision at the end of the day its you that would have to live with the regret either way.
I hope that makes sense and helps a little
xx

hello, you are in a bit of a pickle haha!
i'm 18 too and i'm due on tuesday, her dad also wanted me to get rid of her but i stood by what i thought was right and fair by my little lady and now he has come round to being a dad and can't wait for her to be here and have a part in her life :D
it might just take some time for it to all sink in as it probably came as a massive shock for him as i know it did for my girls dad!
p.s i was on contraception when i fell pregnant too so don't worry, it does happen!
good luck with your decision, just do what's right by the little life thats growing in your tummy :)

no advice other than do what feels right for you, please do not be pressurised by anyone else into doing anything that you do not feel comfortable with

Good luck and welcome to PF :flower:

hi hun, just take some time out away from him. You need a clear head to make some serious decisions but make sure you don't feel bullied into any decision - only you will know the answer...
not quite the same but we're all here for you to offer as much support and hugs as you will need, take care xxx

:wave: I can't really offer much advice either but just wanted to say do what you think is right and don't get pressured into doing something someone else wants just to keep them around as they may come round to your way of thinking in the end anyway. :) Take some time to think about what YOU want before making any choices. xxxx

welcome to the forum hun, follow your heart, only u know whats right for u xxx

welcome to the forumn only you can decide what to do good luck with it and welcome again xx

course you're not wrong, and you shouldn't even need to ask! it's your body and no one should ever make a decision what you do with it except for you! if you want a baby and can cope without the biological dad being around (but he could come round - you don't need to wait around for that to happen!) then you do what you feel best. :) xx

Tricky - Sorry no advice but welcome to the forum.

x

aww hun i hope you get this sorted out for you. Its so hard aswell when your pregnant as your hormones will be all over the place. But if you want to keep the baby i think you need to take a break away from your partner, its his choice and his loss just like your choice is your choice.
Its extreamly scary to be pregnant but also the most amazing feeling in the world and im so glad i decided to keep mine as it was my OH that wanted me to keep it not me.
I dont think anyone will ever regret a child. good luck hun and whatever you decide to do, there is always ppl here to support you xxx

I couldn't possibly tell you what to do, but do not let your boyfriend persuade you to abort, it is a big descision and one that needs to made carefully and fully either way, as it is something that will stay without forever, so you have to be sure , take your time , see how you go X

Hey, welcome :)
I am 17 & pregnant with my second child, & I want this baby more than anything.
Do what you want to do hun & don't let anyone tell you otherwise xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back