New to charting, but ttc for 3 years.

Cosmicjade26

Reaction score
Me and my dh have 2 children, dd is 10 and ds is 5, dd is not biologically dh's, but I have been with him since dd was 4 weeks old (long story).

We have never used protection (except for the first 6months of our relationship), but never fell pregnant by accident, by the time dd was 3 we decided to seek help through gp, he did spam count on dh and he does have low spearm and it's viscous (sticks together), gp gave us some advice on how to ttc and go back in 6 months if we weren't pg.

A this point we were also going through adoption route so we weren't pinning all our hopes on pg (but it would have been great).

One day in June 2006 I felt nauseous and dizzy but chocked up to the hot weather, when I noticed af was late so did a test and got a big fat positive, we were over the moon but I was scared as in 1999 I lost a boy at 4 months pg.

Now a few weeks ago me and my hubby were talking and said, even though we have had unprotected sex since ds was born (5 yrs), we would start charting and try to bd around O, this is the first month and I have done some opk since cd12 (am on cd 15 today) but so far no positive (almost 3 times a day), so I guess I'm just looking for more tips and advice, and somewhere to also air my frustrations :lol:, thanks in advance ladies x

Jade

Hiya & welcome :) I have found charting really helps me get my head around things - especially as before I started charting I thought I would OV around day 14 but it turns out for me my OV date can be any time from day 19 onwards so most months I was missing out.

I havn't really got any tips/advice other than I really hope you get to know more about your cycle & that charting helps you do this.. I occasionally post a copy of my chart on my own personal journal so if you want to compare and share charts feel free I always find it helps understand it all a little more :) good luck on your TTC journey for your # 3 :) xx

Thanks Janine, haven't been doing temp yet but going to start temp chart on next af (if it comes), one thing that bothers me is my opk's, I got 2 lines from cd12 and on cd13 but the control line was way darker, test line was there but light, so took it as negative O, then my test lines have got lighter and today when I tested (10am and 7pm) there was virtually no test line at all, so am worried that we may have missed the O, don't know whether to carry on with opk (have got plenty), But we did bd on cd 6, 9, 10, 11 and 13 (today being 15), not sure wot to do now.

this cycle I started doing OPKs from CD10 onwards they started off faint but clearly visable, then on CD 17/18 they disappeared altogether and I was thinking the exact same thing as you. So I posted on here & someone else said they had experienced this too where it goes from faint to non existant and then they said but a few days after getting a non existant line they got there positive then literally the next day my CD19 I got my positive!! :) so dont worry too much if it fluctuates just hold out for the definite positive result. Would be really interesting to know if the same thing happens to you!? Let me know over the next few days if you do get a positive result. If your doing two / day then you shouldnt miss it... you've BD'd loads so even if you have missed the positive OPK (which by the sounds of it you havnt) then you've given yourself a good chance of catching that egg! But maybe prepare yourself that you may still have a bit more BD'in action to come soon :) x p.s. if you BD as regulary as that ^^ anyway, even when you dont have a positive OPK, then I wouldnt even worry about what your OPKs say lol you are well covering yourself :) x

Last edited:
Cheers Janine, will keep you posted, as I hope you will (being a bit further on than me) would like to see how you get on, I think from what you went through I will keep up with the opk for a while longer. We don't normally bd that much were trying to make it count..lol..will let you know in a few days....and hoping for no witch af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back