New to all this and confused already!

Bobkate

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new to this forum so not quite up to scratch with all the abbreviations so please bear with me!
Just wondered if anyone had any advice for me please :)

I finished my pill packet ( have been on the pill for about 10 years ) on 24.3.07 and my period came as usual on the 28.3.07. We then started trying the following month.
I had a very light period on the 23.4.07 ( so therefore a 27 day cycle yes??!! ) - it was really light - lasted only a day and a half really.
Got back TTC this month and I'm now on day 31 today ( 24.5.07 ). I did a test on Sunday - couldn't resist really but it was a negative.
I've been feeling 'periody' for at least a week now and not had anything. Then this afternoon I've had a very faint, very pale brown/pink when I wiped. Sorry if TMI on a first post! Then nothing more since. Is this a very light AF - if so do I count today as day 31 or day 1?!!!

I'm 32 and should know more about how my 'bits' work but sadly don't :wink:

If I don't get anything more should I re-test and if so when, or should I just presume that was my AF and it was just really light?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Kate :D

it could be an inplantation bleed, so if you have nothing more i would test again in a couple of days

Hiya
Hope this is your month :) It could be an implantation bleed.

All the abbreviations can be found here

Hope you get a BFP soon honey. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Let us know what happens over the next few days. xxx

Fingers crossed for you :pray:

welcome to the forum :wave:

Thank you for the abbreviation list - that's helped decipher things already when reading other posts!
Still nothing so not sure. I wonder if perhaps I won't get a proper AF for a while if I've been on the pill for so long.
It's very hard knowing whether to wait and test or try again this month presuming this was a very weak AF :? :? :wink:

Still nothing :? I'm just wondering what you reckon on how late is late if you know what I mean. If I was always pretty regular ( ie about 27/28 days ) before I was on the pill is my cycle likely to be the same now?
Sorry for all the questions but after reading quite a few posts it seems you're the girls to ask :D

After being on the pill for a good 10 years you might find it takes a few cycles to get your body back into the swing of things naturally again. You will still ovulate and can TTC of course you never know, but to be able to fully rely on dates, ovulation time etc I'd give it a few cycles. The pill is hormone based and your levels will now be re-deciding on where they want to be on their own type thing. Very light bleeding when newly off the pill might be a break through bleed, it's another way of trying to get back into the swing of things. It doesn't normally take too long to re-settle but although effective immediatley it can take 3 months to fully adjust when new to the pill so it makes sense that it might take a few months to adjust to coming off it.

Of course it might be late ovulation, late implantation and thus retesting in a day or two might be a good idea as HCG isn't secreated into the body for a few days after implantation occurs and dependant on the strength of test your using is dependant on whether the positive is detected after 2 days or after 10 days type thing.

Thank you for your reply! Well I was too impatient, did a test and well I guess it was an implantation bleed as the test was positive!!! :D :D :D
I know we're incredibly blessed to have got lucky so quickly - my brother and sister in law have had babies through IVF so I know I'm a very lucky bunny - thanks for letting me share. I suppose now I'll have to have a look at a different part of the forum :D Good luck to all you trying :)

Congratulations you....go join the girls in Trimester 1 forum! :cheer:

congrats hun, short visit but hey thats ok, we'll let you off.
:D :D :clap: :cheer: :clap: :cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back