New mummy worried about everything

SweetAtHeart12

Reaction score
I am a new mummy to a beautiful little girl. I know that I should be enjoying my little miracle but I cant help to be worried about everything.

I've realised that she is getting white goopy stuff in the corner of her right eye. I wipe it off and it seems to come back.
Anyone have any idea of what this could be ?

XXX

How old is your little girl?

It is quite common for them to get gooey eyes when they are little, just wipe it with a warm watered cotton wool ball.

yeah very common then.... it's usually just goo she collected from the birth, clear it with warm water and she'll be fine in a few days I would imagine!

I know how you feel!!! My little boy is 7 days old and had his heel prick test the other day - now I am terrified that he will have cystic fibrosis! :shock: I know the risks are very low but even still...

Jake had this until about a month ago. It is an underdeveloped or blocked tear duct. Keep cleaning it as you are and once or twice a day gently massage her duct on the side of nose where it meets the inside corner of her eye. It should help. It can take a few months to dissapear but it will go.

If the eyeball looks sore and red then its conjunctivitus and you should take her to the docs.

Hope it clears up soon :hug:

Please don't assume that its an underdeveloped or blocked tear duct, it could be some goo collected from the birth just keep cleaning it with warm water. My son had exactly the same symptoms and it was nothing to worry about and soon cleared up

My LO gets that too, which the Dr said was due to a blocked tear duct. Blocked tear ducts are very common in babies, and can take up to a year to sort itself out. But there's nothing to worry about, just keep cleaning the eye with fresly boiled and cooled water to keep it clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back