teeth cleaning- had to get mean!

trixipaws

Reaction score
iv tried the games, iv tried everything, but still getting melissa to clean her teeth is so difficult that i fear she was in danger of tooth decay! so i gave up the nice mummy approach- mean mummy cleans her teeth now! yes, mean mummy pins her down and gives them pearly whites a good doing while poor little one screams! lol its the only way. gotta be cruel to be kind sometimes! she'd thank me if she knew what pain i am saving her from!

but if anyone has any kindly strategies i maynt hav tried, let me know! :)

Do you know what i think i must be lucky Hayden loves having his teeth cleaned and he actually gets upset when they are done..and he always asks to brush his teeth. I bought him a spiderman toothbrush and he was excited about it..before that i used to do it while he was in the bath and he did used to clench his jaw and avoid it if he did that i just stopped and tried to stay really positive about tooth brushing..let him watch me do mine etc..and not push him or get annoyed and eventually he really liked it! weird kid..he loves fruit and veggies too... :)

I think I'm gonna have to do the same thing. She loves getting her toothbrush and 'brushing' her teeth but really she is just chewing the toothbrush. I can sometimes grab it and make her brush the front ones but she usually fights me off. The front ones are easier to get but I guess when the back ones come through then it will be even more difficult.

I started alice off young - when her first tooth came through!! . toothbrush with no paste and she would brush her tooth at the same time as me. now we get up and brush our teeth at the same time. then goes running off to show daddy her "eeth" :rotfl:

50% of the time she brushes the rest she chew the brush, but even chewing will dislodge some of the stuff on her teeth!

however i have yet to take her to the dentist :shhh: :oops:

I really need to start doing this more reguarly, but like you say she makes it so difficult lol!!

mean mummy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jam jus chews his toothbrush, i have to give em a gd goin over cos Im terrified he will have bad teeth when hes older :talkhand:

Gabriella used to just chew the brush and suck all the toothpase off; I mentioned this to the dentist and he said that is all they really need to do at this age anyway and not to worry.

Since then though she is much better and I let her clean them for a little while and then I take over; just to finish off and she is pretty good.

Try and make it fun, maybe get a toothbrush that makes a noise or flashes or something......

Good luck hun :hug:

I always thought Arianna hated her teeth brushed but it was actually the minty flavoured baby toothpaste she hates.... I have her a fruity one now (sainsburys own) and she LOOOOOOVVVVVVES her teeth done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back