3 weeks to my due date: what should I do?

Esperanza84

Reaction score
What would you recommend me to do? I kind of feel guilty when I don't Get up early in the morning, but at the same time everyone's telling me to sleep while I can.

So sleep is on my list:)

Other things I should do/take advantage of in my period of not being a mummy?? (don't Get me wrong, can't wait to have my little girl but I want to try and enjoy the little things that I'm not aware of that I should be enjoying)

Sleep definatly !!! Get some girlie time in as well as time with oh !! The last weeks will fly by and then u will b a lifelong member of the best club in the world xxx

Sleep, enjoy long relaxing baths, read some books (novels rather than baby ones), cook some meals to freeze, make up photo albums, have your hair done (just listing all the things I never have time for with a little one!) x

Sleep.. Baths yes, walking without having to push a pushchair!! Being bored lol!! Chilling with your partner cozy nights in and time outside the house!! You'll hate ur house soon lol!! Really rest as much as possible and enjoy one on one time with ur partner! Other than that stock up on size 2 nappies I've found that's the size they stay the longest in in my opinion.. Get the clothes washed and sorted, always have two sizes u never know how big or small baby will be no matter what scans or mws say!! Lily didn't fit in newborn clothes til she was two and a half months! Had a decent set of tiny baby and newborn in her drawers and a set in hospital bag.. So glad we did!! She was teeny! Still is!
Good luck babe I'd love to be in ur position right now I love the birth experience!! If u haven't already, take bump pics you'll miss it once ur gone!! Make the most of ur pregnancy too let ur partner do everything lol :lol:

Thanks ladies! Me and oh really love to have lazy weekends together, snuggling in bed and having late breakfast! Will try to enjoy the last weeks and follow your advice:) (if she doesn't decide to show up earlier, but I don't Think she will)

Sleep Hun ! Sleep !!!

I agree with Jaycee try and enjoy being bored :) xxxx

Aah Esp :hug: I can't believe you've got 3 weeks to go! :love:

Def agree to sleep, oh and lie ins!! And getting hair done. Put your feet up basically and enjoy doing exactly what you want, when you want, guilt and responsibility free!

It'll be amazing once your lo is here, but enjoy the "you" time you have left chicky.

Looking forward to having you over in this section :)

xx

I agree! Sleep! I miss getting more than 4 hours go a row, still get 8-9 hours but its very broken! And def get your hair done, Im home colouring these days. Enjoy any hobbies you have just now as they are the first things that you don't get time for, on the upside I've found breast feeding has allowed me to either come on here a lot or watch tv! Good luck with your last few weeks, enjoy x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Defi sleep!!! I wish I could lol just enjoy your time before baby arrives xxx

sleep and lie ins, baths and showers, being able to get ready with no hassle.

I also wish I had made the most of spending quality time with OH as we dont get much chance now. Things such as being able to go out for meals together and relax. xx

Go to the cinema and eat loads of sweeties!!! I miss going to see a good film xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Definitely go cinema if your back can take sitting for 2hrs.

The one thing I wish I'd done, as sad as it sounds, is peel and chop all my veg and freeze it. I'm stuck here making meals (the ones I froze lasted 2 minutes), and do you know how hard it is to peel veg with a screaming/breastfeeding baby in 1 arm?

Agree with the veg part lol!!

I would just make the most of being able to be lazy as well and to be able to browse the forum uninterrupted and do simple things like go to asda and just have to cope with the pensioners rather than pensioners and screaming child lol!

Internet food shopping is definitely the one! Lol x

Many usefull tips here, thank you all ladies! Will definantly go to the cinema and I will try to enjoy being bored:) Might pop by a hairdresser as well, but I'm a bit worried that if I cut it shorter it will bother me during labour. But I guess that will be the last thing on my mind at that point...lol! Again, thank you so much! Can't wait to join you in here :love:

xx

My hair is chin length and always in my way!!! I need it to grow so I can pull it back the only thing I can do is pin the top half back and that's it xxx

Internet food shopping is definitely the one! Lol x

I tried that the other night and it came tonight. Feel so disappointed with what I got so im just going to cope with the stress next time and go in personally :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back