Throwing everything...worried.

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
My son throws toys at people all the time, hell be playing with his toys then just start throwing them at you really hard. when yu say 'NO dont do that' hell just laugh at you and then carry on doing it.
then sometimes hell pull himself up onto the coffee table and shuck all the coasters t you and try and chuck any cups of drinks that are on there.
Im not going to smack him s I dont agree with it and feel like thats just saying its ok for him to smack me.
Im just worried about when the new babys here hell start throwing stuff at her and really hurt her

Last edited:
Do his actions have consequences? What happens when you say no and he carries on? He has to learn that being naughty has a consequence like him being sat out or his toys being taken off him etc I've been told that the naughty step/chair is really really successful, perhaps you could implement this?

Yeah i think the naughty step is good but hes only 19 months so dought hed understand it/stay put?
When he carries on doing it I normaly just let him and then by the time hes stopped we play with something else :blush:
I just didnt really no what kinda thing I could do to make him realise he cant do it without smacking or shouting at him etc

How about a play pen with no toys in there? Obviously tell him no and if he doesn't listen put in there for 2mins. I would then pick up the stuff he has thrown one by one showing him then saying no and put them back where they were.

Sorry, not sure what else to suggest!

Perhaps he's doing it because he thinks it's a game? I think the play pen idea is a good one.

I do what Helen said. I've used the naughty step since Lacey started walking at 15 months and it always works. She's hardly ever naughty now.
If he gets off the step just put him back. They do learn! Hope it helps x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back