New member - overdue and urgent :)

lem89

Reaction score
Hiya, i've just joined up to this forum in the hope it can lend me some sanity. Im leanne and im now 2 days overdue with my first baby, a little boy. Im in a bit of a predicament, my dad is going away on the 7th of april for 4 days to france on work and my mum is away early morning on the 8th for 3 weeks to the US and i'm getting massively wound up that they both may miss the birth of their first grandchild :-(. I've got a hopsital appointment on the 1st to discuss an induction date and to give me a sweep....also got the midwives coming round on the 3rd to do another sweep!! Im desperate to not get to the point where intervention is needed and i'd love some advice on how i could get things going , i take raspberry leaf tablets twice a day and im getting in plenty of walking but no sign of the little guy yet.... He is fully engaged and ive been having some twinges and a lot of pressure low down for more than a week but dont know how much hope to put on this...please help :help:!!

Thanks xx

Aww Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Another of our Ladies was due on sunday as well :) I personally thinking walking and climbing stairs is quite good but I'm pretty sure they only come when they're ready. I hope your baby comes before your Mum and Dad go away xx

This is my first so I have no actual experience, only know of the usual - hot curry, beer and a bonk lol. Welcome to the forum and good luck, i hope your little man appears very soon so that your parents aren't away x

Curry and sex - but not at the same time; that'd get VERY messy!

and pineapple is supposed to be good - i was 16 days overdue with my first though so like Mamafry said they come when ready, not much help though i know. I had sweeps with my second two and that got me going so fingers crossed for the first so you have your family around you x keep us updated x

Lots of walking, staying as relaxed as possible and nipple tweaking :) good luck!

Hiya hun.
You would not beleive how much i tried to push labour with my first. I was overdue by 9 days. In them 9 days i did it all!! Pineapple, running up and down stairs, squats, lunges, had two sweeps!! And the day before i actually went into labour, all i was doing was sat in my garden with my mum.. gardening!! Then i had my show, and the next day... labour!!

try to relax, atleast you know that the end is almost there.
xx

i think the more relaxed you are the better. I tried everything to get my last baby out but labour only started once i gave in and chilled out. I really hope your LO comes before your parents go away xx

Curry worked for me, although I wasn't overdue I had a curry and went into labour at 1am the following morning.

I've heard pineapple works but not the tinned stuff, it has to be fresh apparantly. Walking and bouncing on a birthing ball helps too, but all said and done I think they come when they're ready. Hope your parents get to see the birth :hug:xx

try of too get too worked up, i believe relaxation is the key. My labour started after a lovely massage and having my eye lashes tinted. ( I still thank the lady everytime I see her :rofl:)

Don't try the pineapple thou. I ate a WHOLE pineapple a couple of days before and all it did was give me the runs and a VERY sore mouth :rofl:

I have a habit of going overdue too. With my 1'st I was induced, but with my 2nd, a doctor with the biggest hands in the world swept me to within an inch of my life lol and she appeared that night! I might think of acupuncture this time if I go too overdue, just to get things going by themselves rather than bring induced x

Hope it happens for you soon hun.

I think I brought mine on by walking, the day before I went for a 7 hour wander round the big shopping mall near me, just kept going and going! He came the next day.

A friend had a very hot curry and that worked for her.

Thanks for all the tips and support :) i really am greatful, even if nothing works its sure nice to know i can keep a bit of sanity! had some pretty major pains last night but nothing regular and nothing since, so fingers crossed....hospital tomorrow, they may be doing a sweep, not sure yet, will keep you updated.....thanks guys :D

Hospital appointment at 10.30 tomorrow :/ not looking forward to it but will see what's said and will let you know :) xx

well.... feeling well and truly disheartened...thought the twinges, aches, pains etc would be doing something, im now 4 days over, and the consultant did attempt a sweep but on the exam she could only just reach my cervix, apparently it is soft and has one cm left to shorten, but hasnt opened at all and still needs to descend. Now im pretty good with pain, but this experience hurt so damn much i was actually in tears and threw up because of the stomach cramps it set off, im now massively sore 6 hours on.....have the midwife coming round on sat to attempt another, fingers crossed somethings changed :) x

Poor you - sounds like bubs is quite happy in there for the mo! How you feeling now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back