When to get new bras??

orangefluff

Reaction score
Random question - when do I get a new bra? Boobs are definitely getting bigger and I'm getting that awful 4-boob effect! :oooo:

So obviously bras aren't that cheap, i dont want to buy new ones now only to find they don't fit me in a couple weeks time - or is that just what happens?? Are there special bras you can buy that adjust to your growing boobs?!

I don't know how big they're gonna get!

:rotfl:

:lol: 4 boob effect, I knpw what you mean :rofl:

Tbh hun I'd just get something cheap and comfy for the minute :)

go to mothercare hun they will measure you up with enough room to grow about £20 for 2 bras they are not underwired as underwired bras are not recomended during pregnancy to help the milk ducts grow better and will become uncomfortable itchy and hot lol (that might ust be me) plus the new bra will do ya back good i think i ust spent £13 on two bras from mothercare so not that expensive at all but i would bring 20 just incase. then if you need to go back later in pregnancy maybe around 20-30 weeks then again a week or so before your due date and you can get nursing bras normally a couple of quid extra but well comfy x x x

I am only 5 weeks gone but my boobs have ballooned that it is just ridiculous! OH is a happy laddy though!

Today I started to wear a sports bra that I already had and it helped eased the pain of jiggling boobs.

So I went to the Asda and got another sports bra for just £4. It'll do me for the next few weeks till I am big enough to need Mothercare bras.

I have the same issue. After having no boobs and a size A cup I have gone up to a C/D cup already (7 weeks pregnant). Can't quite believe where they have come from - seem to be growing before my very eyes! Went to Marks and Spencers to get measured and they have maternity bras that you can use for nursing after birth. The lady said that I will probably need to go up more later on but can use these ones again as my boobs decrease after birth!!!! Think they were 25 pounds for 2 but they are quite nice ones and don't look like the huge old lady affairs I thought they would.
So comfy though!!!

Thats been my thought - im not exactly small a J cup but seem to be getting a bigger and bigger cleavage in bras - n yep that four boon effect is on the way - maybe have to shop soon lol

Last edited:
Yep I think a trip to Lakeside or Bluewater is on the cards for the weekend! Gotta look after these puppies eh? :lol:

Also I've seen the sleep bras which sound like a good idea as they can be quite uncomfortable at night!

Same as Stunned - I'm living with my cheap sports bras from asda at the moment! Seems like they're getting bigger every day and even my colleagues have noticed lol.
Shame that they are so sore, have told OH he can look but not touch!!

i have got biggies 36 e at the moment so i was straight to mothercare plus my husband got to buy me nice underwear as i said i wasnt having the cheap stuff haha!! i got the sleep bras too they are sooooooo comfy and my back is hurting less by the day and my boobies feel nicly supported with less puppy-ige lol!! :rotfl: but the pups are starting to show again now so goodness what size i have now bloomed to haha o well nice new undies again hehe im gonna get hubby to buy my matching panties this time too :rotfl:

ive decided tomorrow is the day im gonna need to get some new bras, im only 12 weeks (i think) but i have already jumped from a 34D to a 34 E and so I think im gonna take a trip to primark just to get some cheapies for now because i presume they are only gonna get bigger :( they hurt so bad in my current bras it will be such a nice relief to get some new that fit!

I didn't get any yesterday in the end, OH was with me and it wasn't worth the moaning of him being bored while I tried them on! Also gonna wait til after payday I think and then gonna go for the cheapy option too but def gonna try them on before buying as I still want support, they were bad enough before I got pregnant!

I got them as I grew out of my old ones... I ended up with M&S firm support ones though rather than maternity ones as they did not give me the support I needed... they were also cheaper :D If you head to mothercare or M&S they measure you pretty well, the main bit of advice thet I had was to fit them on the tightest fitting to allow room for you ribcage to expand, my cup size has not particulay changed, but I am going to start struggling with the back size soon...

I went up 2 cups sizes in the first couple of months but seem to have stopped growing for now. I just went to primark and bought some cheapies, although the non-underwired ones don't seem to go past a D cup which is no good for me so I'm still wearing underwired ones. I figure they'll probably have another growth spurt soon and I'll get some proper maternity ones then! x

on the same subject- i went to mothercare today and had a nose at the non underwired bras, they seem quite expensive to get especially if ive already grown two cup sizes and im only 9 weeks and may need to buy some more soon-
BUT quick question- do breasts actually continue to grow throughout pregnancy or is it mainly a spurt at the start coz of the hormones and then at the end with the milk? im so confused lol may sound silly but its my first so im allowed to ask silly questions haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back