When did you get measured for maternity bra?

Penstraze

Reaction score
As title says when did you get measured for maternity bra, I am only nearly 6 weeks or 10 weeks (waiting for dating scan) but my bras are feeling tight already and are all under wired was thinking of going to buy a maternity bra this weekend but didnt know if it was too early, and would mean having to buy another one again not long after? :think:

I still don't have one. My boobs grew 3 cup sizes in the first trimester but I can't bring myself to loose all the support I get from underwiring. So far it doesn't dig in but if it starts to I am just going to take the underwiring out of my existing bras.

i got new bras after my scan at 11 weeks but not maternity ones, dont really intend upon getting them for general wear either tbh, might weasr one around house closer to birth. You might be better off just getting measured again and mentioning that your pregnant and see what they suggest
Clare x

I havent been measured again yet...I have huge boobs anyway, im a 40G! my bras are all way to tight already and they are digging in around the middle and my boobs are spilling over.....as if I didnt have enough trouble finding G cups...I gotta look for H's and beyond now! :rotfl:

Oh dear :shock: and there was me feelign sorry for myself trying to find DD's and Es!!!!!
Clare x

i was wondering the same, got an extender for the back which helps a bit but cramming them in now

Week 5.

I went up from a 30F to a 32GG, bought a soft cup underwired bra in the new size which has been ace and I've not grown since, touch wood. So I won't be going again unless I get any bigger...

are they really expensive? might just bite the bullet my boobies will probably thank me for it

Mine was £35 which is nothing considering the discomfort I was in wearing a bra 3 sizes too small!!

I am a bit of a skanky skinflint now though and have been wearing and washing the same bra for over 5 months solid :rotfl:

Mine was 15 or 20 pound from m and s. The women was really good and asked if see could get her colleague to help as she didnt have much experience in maternity bras. I think they are worth it, im wearing normal one at the moment but am gonna go get measured for one in a few weeks, my old maternity bra doesnt fit me now. I didnt know you arent meant to wear underwired bras when your pregnant until i got fitted for a new one.

debecca said:
Mine was £35 which is nothing considering the discomfort I was in wearing a bra 3 sizes too small!!

I am a bit of a skanky skinflint now though and have been wearing and washing the same bra for over 5 months solid :rotfl:

deb where did you go? i'm a 34 E and noticed that mothercare dont go above an E cup!!!

sparky said:
are they really expensive? might just bite the bullet my boobies will probably thank me for it

Hiya,

I went on to m&s online and they are doing some of their non-wired buy one get one half price at the mo, so I bought a few in several sizes as my wired ones HURT. :| Some are only about £6 per bra and I think they go up quite high. I bought DDs but didn't check much further up the scale.

I got some vest top type bras after my 20 week scan and I wear them most of the time but I do still wear my wired ones.

My boos haven't really changed size I don't think

I went to get mine measured laast night, from a 30B to a 32DD!!! :D

I got an underwired one for now because the jump to non underwired would have been too much for me! I got a two pack of the most sensible bras I have ever owned from Debenhams for £20. If you've got loads of cash, Hot Milk do really nice Maternity/ Feeding bras.

A x

i had to buy a couple of maternity support bras just before xmas and they have been a godsend :dance: my boobs were agony before i got them.

i got the 34E's from mothercare, think they were about 15 each :think:

they look like t-shirt bras and you'd never be able to tell they had no underwire, they're sooo supportive, defo recommend them :D

Sparky - M&S are generally a bit rubbish for the larger cup sizes, and I would advise you not to get fitted there anyway. They told me I was a 36D when I went recently - I'm a 32GG and at a size 8 was unlikely to be a 36 anyway! Silly moo. My friends have had similar experiences there.

Bravissimo are excellent (http://www.bravissimo.com) and their stores are a haven of peace and tranquility, provided you can put up with all this "I'm a real woman cos I have curves" and female-music only bo11ocks! Their measuring service is truly excellent and you can take as much time as you need. Only downside is cost - but perhaps you could pick something up in the sale?

Good luck xxx

I got a 2 pack of maternity bras, in a 42G from M&S, one black and one white, they didnt fir me tho...so I took them back, I ordered a 44H from ebay, its a brand new with tags one from M&S, and it was £11, its not a maternity bra, but wow, it fits great and what a relief not to be spilling over, and it dosent cut in at the sides either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back