New BLW's - Share Here

uploadfromtaptalk1334977959629.jpg
Here's Kynon enjoying his first chicken curry! It was a mild one but full of flavour, he sucked the chicken loads! Sorry the pic gp side ways not sure why!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like kynon's enjoying that!!

We tried some banana yesterday and it went down a treat. She couldn't pick it up in the end as it got a bit slippery so she just face planted it!!

We had sardines, cherry tomatoes and basil on toast for lunch from the blw cookbook, he loves it!! I'm having a go at roasting some rhubarb for his pudding tonight, it's supposed to stay a bit firmer and not turn into mush so it stays in finger sized pieces, I've only put a teeny bit of sugar on and tried to sweeten it with juice and zest of an orange and some ginger, I'm gonna add crumble topping for me and hubby and serve N's with a natural yoghurt dip, I'll let you know how it goes

Ok roasted rhubarb was a success!! If anyone wants the recipe it's basically just cut up rhubarb into finger lengths lay in a shallow dish and for
550g of rhubarb sprinkle over 85g caster sugar, obv for babies I just sprinkled a bit and sweetened with orange juice and zest, you could use lemons, or sprinkle cinnamon or ginger as an extra flavour, cover with foil then roast for 15 mins, uncover shake and roast for a further 5 mins, the sticks are softened but the babies can pick them up and eat them :)

Yeah they were :) I'm loving getting back into my cooking and being creative with every meal!

Mmm that sounds lovely bunny! We had fajitas tonight, Kynon seemed to enjoy it too. I gave it to him separately and dipped pieces of wrap in various dips. He seems to really like tomatoes too, wasn't bothered about cheese tonight.

Ooh fajitas I fancy those yum, I bet he loved it with all the salsa and guacamole etc!! We are having lamb tagine tonight as he hasn't had lamb yet, we took him for dim sum yesterday it's a bit of a monthly ritual we have but first time lo joined in, he had fried turnip paste in xo sauce, char siu bau, some veg out of the wan nam soup ( we thought the dumpling might be a bit salty) and some grilled red bean paste, he loved it, and the waitresses were cooing over him, me and oh have been going for years so they saw my pregnancy and N as a teeny baby asleep in his car seat so they were loving that he was sat in a highchair eating the food!!!!!!

Also this morning I have to say I'm very proud, he ate a banana whole without me chopping it up, I just gave it to him half peeled and he picked it up and ate just like I would :) it was one of the fun sized bananas mind!!

Last edited:
I give Kynon bananas whole he squishes most of it though!
Been a bit worried tonight as he's been crying a lot and farting more than normal that I've given him something that's upset his tummy. He's also only done one poo in 3 days (today) which is a first for him i normally get at least one dirty nappy a day. He's still on me now comfort feeding. He had a homemade burger, new potatoes with garlic and carrots so nothing strange and he didn't even eat much of it just got annoyed and wanted out of his high chair which of course makes my oh think he's not getting enough again!
I did get the BLW cook book come today, I like the sound of lots of the recipe ideas. Do you ladies find enough time to make many? I struggle to cook sometimes as Kynon rarely naps!

Sarah, is hr getting water with hois food? Obviously solid food is solid and he can be constipated?

Yeah he has a tippy cup but doesn't drink too much of it. Think he was consipated because I've had 2 dirty nappys today hopefully he will settle better tonight!

feeling a bit put out with granny today! She thinks blw is great and always goes on about how she did it with us when we were little etc. Tonight she was feeding lo when I got back from work. OH was home and had said that we put her pasta and mince on her tray so she can pick it up but granny kept it in a bowl, then spoon loaded it. We do spoon loading too but not when she can pick it up herself. Anyway, i came home and said the same as oh, to put it on her tray. Then lo had a bit of pasta in both hands and granny took one out to give her the spoon. Then lo got overexcited, like she does, and crammed her mouth full. She started to spit it out, as they do, and granny put her fingers in to pull the food out cos her mouth was too full. Without thinking i said don't put your hand in her mouth, she will spit it out herself. OH had said put her bottle of water on the tray and she will point to it when she wants a drink, she is great at doing that. Granny said she knocks it off so left bottle off!
Sorry for moan but just feel it kind of defeats the point of blw if you make the decisions for them and interfere!

yeah that does sound a bit self defeating and not really the point of BLW!!! Sounds like you maybe need to have a word with her or give her the book to read as she definately needs to stop putting her fingers in LO mouth as she risks knocking the food further back and choking her! Like you we pre load the spoon for things like yoghurt or porridge but then put the spoon on the tray and let him pick it up himself when he wants it, and all other food goes on the tray and he picks and chooses what he picks up and what he eats.
Its a tough one as you dont want to offend family but I'd keep going with the hints and nudges about feeding her the way you want her fed, and if that doesnt work you might have to get a bit tougher and sit her down for a chat!!!!

Alice sampled some of nanny's cooking yesterday! She was given cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and potato. First time trying potato and cauliflower and she loved them. Sampled some gravy too!!

How's everyone getting on?? We've been doing great he's got 2 teeth now so finding it easier to bite things!!!!

We had a melt down tonight! K has developed a temper recently and omg tea time tonight was hell took me ages to calm him and I had to remove him from the table! I stupidly thought he might be able to pick up rissoto as he's getting quite good but no he couldn't get it into his mouth and wouldn't take a spoon either so just cried and screamed! Then nothing else was right after that even pineapple which is one of his favourites!

I would keep practicing with the risotto, I'm sure he'll get it soon hun.

We're doing well, I can't remember if I said, but I finally ordered the blw cookbook, so just waiting for it to arrive.

C trys anything I put in front of him. The other day he had some chicken with a tomato and olive sauce on it and also tried mashed potato for the first time.

We had banana and toast last night, banana is his favourite!

I was really naughty a couple of weeks ago (bad mummy alert) I was having an ice cream in a cone (raspberry flavour) and let him try some of it (actually I didn't get much choice, he grabbed it) he absolutely loved it and was so cute seeing him lick the ice cream. He didn't even mind the coldness of it. I didn't let him have a lot though but was a nice treat for him!

I'm a lot more relaxed now while he's eating. I was so worried before that he would choke. He does put a lot in his mouth but sometimes if he can't deal with it, he blows raspberries to get it out of his mouth. God it's messy, isn't it!

Aww looks like he's doing great SS! Maybe I'll try the risotto again next week. We just got the cook book too, it's good only tried a few recipes so far. When did you all step up to 3 meals a day? I've been holding off on breakfast and tbh just because of the mess and little time some mornings!
I think he cut him gum on something yesterday lunch time, it looks like a blood blister near the edge, hope it's not sore for him. We had salad so I suppose it's all hard stuff!

Don't worry about the tantrums Hon I'm sure he'll have good days and bad days, we have been doin 3 meals pretty much since the 2nd week but this last week we've only been managing 1 meal maybe 2 and today we didn't manage any meals just a bit of cucumber, but we've been so busy and not really home much and been out of our routine, and he's had a bad cold. Hopefully going to get back in it this week. I'd just go with whatever K is happy with if he's good on 2 meals then there is no rush for introducing breakky.

Sass that's great about Colby he's doing so well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back