• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New BLW's - Share Here

Yey for Colby doing so well :)

Tried lo with harissa chicken yesterday it's quite spicy although I did his as mild as possible, he did really well and loved it but drank a lot of water lol!! Only problem was he's started biting off chunks of food and chewing them which is great but he was doing it with the chicken breast strips and he had a big piece in his mouth for 10 mins but not chewing on it then he started crying cos he couldn't do anything. I didn't know what to do and was forced in the end to stick my finger in which is dangerous and it was all compacted up in his top palate on the roof of his mouth, I had to scrape it off it took ages and there was loads, I've never had that happen before it fair worried me!!

Last edited:
We tried corn on the cob tonight, perhaps a bit ambitious as he has no teeth but I cut it into slices like circles, and he just nommed and sucked on it but seemed to enjoy it :)

We are officially getting what I call human poos now, they are very smelly very dark and full of food and quite solid, I miss the harmless milky poos :(

Haha we call them human poos too :)

Upside = less leakage and downside = stinky stinky!

Ive also become a poo inspector since we started BLW! What's all that about lol!

For brekkie today we had porridge fingers with banana mushed in! I had a taste and it was much nicer than plain porridge fingers! LO loved it x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Ha ha my oh keeps taking the mick out of me and my poo inspections!!! He says I'm obsessed!!!

We've not tried the porridge fingers yet, I think we might do them tomorrow :)

What are porridge fingers? Banana is fun in their poos lol

It's basically where you make up some porridge using oats and then you cook it so it goes solid and slice it into fingers that lo can pick up and nom on, I think the recipe is 3 tablespoons oats, 3 tablespoons milk, pat into the bottom of a flat dish & 3 mins in the microwave then slice into fingers, it's a bit less messy than porridge in a bowl!!!

That sounds good, do you use normal milk? I think you can use it when cooking before a year? I hate expressing

I am being naughty and using organix carrot stocks, its quite easy to grab for Anton. He has finally mastered banana eating but i am scared of giving him meat in chunks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I just use normal milk! LO loves them! I've only been cooking for 2 mins and they are a bit floppy so maybe do need to do them for a bit longer.

Raisins are good to put in too, as plain porridge is just bland!

I've used a few organix bits too! Sometimes give LO the fruit pots instead of porridge and she uses the spoon on her own xx

Lo now wants to hold spoon by himself so i sit there and watch him. He cant pick up food with it though so i have to load the spoon. Probably should try suction bowl, anyone using it?

We preload too! God it would be everywhere lol! Not used a suction bowl but have been thinking about them! If anyone could recommend?

Am loving BLW :) x

I tried the porridge fingers today they were quite successful, I just used normal milk and he seemed fine.
Those organix snacks are quite good, we get the rice cakes, N had the apple ones dipped in a bit or peanut butter today (there is no history of allergies and it was only the tiniest smidge). Knopk@ rather than buy a suction bowl I bought a tommee tippee suction mat, it was really cheap and you can suction any normal plastic bowl to it, it's useful cos it rolls up so I can carry it around and I dont need special bowls.
I can post a pic of it if your not sure what to look for?

I love blw too!!! We had a hoisin plum sauce beef stirfry with noodles for tea and he loved it, got some really funny video!!!!

Think I might have to try making some porridge fingers when we start breakfast! Only been doing one or possibly 2 meals a day so far. That suction mat sounds interesting bunny if you can post a pic that would be great.
We had a very messy dinner tonight, he was covered in fish finger, mashed sweet potato and yogurt (so was I!) he's started shaking the loaded yogurt spoon.....
Have any of you found your babies get a bit frustrated sometimes? Kynon gets a bit annoyed when he can't pick things up I'm starting to think he could be tired by dinner time as well so has less patience.

LO gets frustrated too and shouts at the food! She always has a sleep about 4-4.30 and then dinner at 5....we found that without the sleep she was a nightmare and used to just cry!

Oh yes please I'd like a pic of the suction Mat too please :) x

I want suction mat pic please too. Sarah, frustration and screaming was why i didnt purely blw. He was.just becoming hysterical and wanting food. Even now I give him feed an hour before or so and yes, sleep in essential before a meal. Atm main meals for us are around 11 and 5:30 -6.

I am so jealous of you ladies using milk, cheese and youghurts. I am so limited without dairy.

its called Tommee Tippee Explora Magic Mat, I think they are about £5, I've put a photo with a bowl on it but I'd normally use a bigger bowl than that as its a bit small and didnt suction well it was just the only one I had washed to hand!! although any size seems to fit as long as the bottom of it covers the mats suction cup. it lays on the high chair tray and is non slip as well so its just fab!

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks I just got one off eBay for £3.99 incl delivery....the seller is slinkymd if anyone is interested x

When you give lo apple do you cut it into wedges or fingers?

I just cut it into wedges and take the middle but out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back