• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New BLW's - Share Here

Does the mat also suction onto the tray? So the whole lot can't be thrown.
Kynon wasn't so frustrated today so was maybe over tired before. I've got to the stage now where I can't eat or drink in front of him as he wants it too, bit of a shame when he watches dd eating her Easter eggs!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Its kind of non slip so it does stay on the tray and I haven't noticed N be able to move it.

Luckily our mealtimes seem to coincide with him waking up from a nap (he randomly started napping at 11.30 and 3.30 the day he turned 6 myths after having never napped properly before! Strange child!) I also give him a bottle right before his food, or at least near enough so he's not hungry and so far he's not got that frustrated, mind you I'm a bit naughty and will hand him things if he's struggled for a few mins to pick it up.

Had a gorgeous lunch today that he seemed to really enjoy and so did I!!!, I baked some sweet potatoes then topped them with a mixture of tuna, juice of a lime, roughly chopped corriander, thinly sliced red onion and a finely chopped red chilli, then I topped that with a dollop of sour cream, I cut N's potato into wedges and picked out the pieces of chilli from his portion so it still had the flavour but didn't burn his mouth from directly eating it. He absolutely loved it and ate loads!!!!

Ha ha had our first tomato sauce face!!! Did meatballs in a passata and garlic & herb Philadelphia sauce with parpadelle pasta, he loved the pasta and found it really easy to eat and I made the meatballs small enough for him to hold easily so he gnawed down on them too, but at the end it was hilarious both me and oh were laughing so hard he had tomato sauce literally all over his head its everywhere and its turned one of his blonde eyebrows a gingery red even after I washed it off!!! Good job it was straight in the bath ready for bed after!!!

Last edited:
Did you take a pic bunny?
Sounds like your experimenting a lot, Im a fussy veggie so finding it hard to think up new things i will eat as well already! Hubby made him mince and tatties for dinner tonight, his face was a picture with the mince he didn't seem keen! He loves Yorkshire pud though!

Yep I did get a pic I'll try put it up when I'm next on the laptop!!

I've used a combination of the blw cookbook and I have a good food magazine subscription I've had since 2008 so I've been scouring all my April back issues for seasonal recipes that I think would be different textures and flavours outside my normal comfort zone. They have a lot of good veggie recipes if you try the good food website you can search on an ingredient for example butternut squash or something and it will bring up all the recipes containing that ingredient and you can tick vegetarian only. Might give you some inspiration?

Bunnykins what's the blw cookbook like? I was wondering whether to buy it or not? I'm watching one on eBay atm. I need inspiration, are the meals in it easy to make?

I had heard people talking about the organix brand, but can't get it in Denmark, so bought some yesterday (over in uk for a bit atm). He loves the sweetcorn rings - they're like onion rings and also got some baby rice cakes, apple flavour. Also had some petit filous and he had his first rusk last night (basically getting to eat all the things I can't get in Denmark lol.)

He's also been enjoying some banana and courgette today (not together......)

That all sounds brilliant!! Well done Colby! I get the ricecakes too, sometimes I dip the apple one in frontage frais and he sucks it!!!!

I found the cookbook good, mainly for inspiration as it's split into meals so I went thru all the breakfast ones to try and get some variety from porridge!! It's also good for encouraging you to be daring as its amazing what some of the recipes are, like Thai green curry!! Until I read it I'd stuck to finger veg and fruit, now I literally give Noah proper meals!!

We have the book and it's fab! We try a new recipe every week! It is good and as said it makes you much more daring! We had the turkey and vegetable burgers the other day and they were yummy! The other good thing is that the meals are all for two adults and 1 child so enough for everyone :) x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334755251.182456.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334755270.097592.jpgSo today is our first day of blw and it's ok. We attempted carrot and broccoli but it didn't go down too well. She was overtired so we're going to have another try after her nap.

Aw bless her :) she looks interested though! Love the layers and layers of floor covering behind her lol!

We're having fish pie for tea! First time LO has had fish so we'll see xx

Aw she looks like she has good coordination for her first go :) I do find it better when he's just had a nap then he's less frustrated but the first few goes he wasn't sure either but he soon got the idea and I'm sure she will too :)

Feel a bit ashamed at my tea tonight we've been out all day and I didn't get back until 5.30, his bath is 6.30 so I did a fried egg cut into strips (no oil) a picec of wholemeal toast, a asparagus spear, and a chipolata sausage, then strawberries, banana & yoghurt for pud, not very inspiring but he loved it and ate loads!!! He's whinged all day from teething poor thing but he giggled all thru his meal he found it such fun!!!

Last edited:
Aw bless! We often have bit of everything meals and LO loves the variety! It sounds nice :) xx

I must admit today made me appreciate the blw approach so much!! We met up with a friend and her baby for some shopping, as it was over lunchtime we stopped off at a well known coffee shop, I chose a salad box and a cake for me and I got a tub of fruit for N, we sat down and I just put an array of the fruit and some New potatoes from my salad out in front of him and he just helped,himself and nommed down and I got on with eating my lunch. My friend gets out this packup box full of stuff that she'd prepared and pureed the night before, she then had to sit and spoon it in him whilst her lunch had to wait.

I thought bloody hell I literally just got up and grabbed a couple of bottles dressed lo and we were on our way, I hadn't given his lunch a second thought as I knew he'd just have whatever I got!! I honestly couldn't be bothered and don't have the time to cook and puree things on a night ready for the next day, I have enough on planning his bottles ahead!!! So I defo know now that personally I made the right decision for me and N to blw!!!

Her coordination is brilliant. She's been able to get things to her mouth for a while. She skipped her normal lunchtime nap for some reason so that's why she was tired. Otherwise it would have been more fun for her. Tomorrow is another day, it should be good!

Had a bit of a freak out tonight! Hubby was having steak and homemade chips so thought Kynon could try the same, well he loved sucking the steak but then got a lump off and kept gagging loads we left him to it and he didn't care and after ages spat out a massive lump, but it really scared me and Hubby. He's gone a bit anti BLW this week in general and wants to swap to tw partly because of the steak and partly because he's on the 'not getting enough' band wagon. Anyone else had these kind of issues with oh changing their mind? I still want to carry on though.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334840626.661832.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334840640.844525.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334840657.728146.jpgFood was a hit today! Alice has decided she doesn't want broccoli but carrot went down a treat. She loved sucking on it. We also gave her sippy cup to try out, she enjoyed playing with it and throwing it at me!

We have the same cup but in blue :) N didn't like potato first time but loved it the second time!!! Sounds like she's doing great!!! The pics are so cute :)

Had a bit of a freak out tonight! Hubby was having steak and homemade chips so thought Kynon could try the same, well he loved sucking the steak but then got a lump off and kept gagging loads we left him to it and he didn't care and after ages spat out a massive lump, but it really scared me and Hubby. He's gone a bit anti BLW this week in general and wants to swap to tw partly because of the steak and partly because he's on the 'not getting enough' band wagon. Anyone else had these kind of issues with oh changing their mind? I still want to carry on though.

Hi Hon just seen this, I haven't got time to reply as off to my mils in a sec will reply when we get back x

Phew finally have some time to myself to catch up on pf!!! Firstly I just wanted to say I think if you want to continue blw then don't let others put you off hon, I know it's awful if they struggle with a piece of food but you said your self he didn't care and he managed to spit it out, even if it took ages he didn't choke and he managed to deal with it successfully, he'll have learnt from it and it shows just how far he's come that he can bite off and deal with a big chunk of meat safely, if anything it should make you more relaxed about it as you've seen him cope with something difficult. I can't tell you how to wean your lo but I have seen blw be done with my nephew and as a 1year old his eating is amazing, add to that how amazed I've been at N and how it's improved his coordination (he's started trying the pincer grip already!) and progressed his skills is enough to convince me it's worth persevering. I'm lucky my oh is completely onboard as he technically had 6 mths to get his head round it from watching our nephew, he does struggle with the gags but he's confident N can deal with it.

I don't know how you can persuade your oh that K doesn't need the food, other than to get him to read the book which I'm assuming you already have done? or you could get him to read this blw thread so he can see other babies doing great on it? N's nappies are full of food so he's defo eating most of the food now but he's not dropped his milk feeds at all so he's still using milk as his,main source so I honestly don't believe they need the food yet so any they eat is a bonus. By the time K needs food as his main nutrition source his chewing and swallowing skills will be awesome and far advanced than a baby tw as they take longer to get to that stage which I know you know all this but I saw it first hand with my friends tw 9mth old who wasn't nearly as advanced as N with coordination and swallowing, N was actually eating more than him as he wasn't fighting against a spoon, if only your oh could have a comparison so he could see how well K is doing? Sorry I know I've not told you anything you don't know I just know its awful when there is no support for what your doing, my parents still hate it but I can ignore them and hopefully do a big 'ha in your face I was right' when they see N thriving on it, but it's a bit harder when its your oh.

Last edited:
Thanks Bunny, its hard when you get those scary days. We've carried on and surprisingly today went better and def made oh feel better again watching Kynon have a chicken curry! He loved it and didn't gag at all tonight so was just what we all needed! The not getting enough was talked about again but i know he's eating stuff because of the nappys whereas oh hasn't done a poo nappy since he got home this week so over 3 weeks since he done a nappy which is nearly the whole time we've been BLW! Hopefully he will be around at the right time for the next poo nappy to change him! I've got 2 friends also BLW who started around the same time so that helps too!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back