new and scared - questions

Shopaholic

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board and would love some advice

I've just got my BFP :shock: and am really excited as it's been a few months but am also feeling really nervous and scared.

I'm not even quite sure what I'm meant to do now. My main worry is that I have AF like pains - not unbearable but cramps that come and go - is this normal as its been like this for a week - keep expecting AF!? Do I need to make a doctor's appointment to tell them I have BFP?

I also feel a bit light-headed although not sick - isn't it a bit early for symptoms - can only be about 3 weeks?

My only other question that I'd love your advice on is that a lot of people told me when TTC that early m/c is very common. Is this something to be scared of? will it be like a normal AF that just happens? I have a total phobia of hospitals etc...

sorry I have just re-read and sound like a complete worrier - I know I should be relaxed and happy but just don't feel that way yet :(

thanks so much - look forward to hearing from you all
xx

everyone worries sweety dont think your on your own.

As for the AF pains u will still get these, its your womb getting ready and stretching etc.

Also you are 4 weeks preggers from your first day of your missed pregnancy, so if your a week late your 5 week etc etc.

good luck with your pregnancy xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Keeley

Thanks for your message - it's nice to hear from other people who have had the same experiences. Don't want to tell anyone in case it doesn't work out so I don't have anyone to talk to

Jxx

I still get the AF pains, you would think you could at least get a break from it when your pregnant but ohhh noo!!
Make an appointment with your doc and he will reffer you to a midwife and maybe do another test.
And take my advice don't go on websites reading up about m/c because it will just make you worry a whole lot more.
Congratulations. :dance:

Hi - I would do what Vickyleigh said; just make appoinment (if you can do it straight with your MW) and don't go reading into all the info about miscarriage because you just make yourself worry even more. I started being really tired about 3 weeks (I slept for 19 hours at one point!) so don't worry about your symptoms; everyone is different. Good luck and get on the phone to make your appointment - that's when it all starts to feel real

congratulation :cheer:
i also agree with the above comments so don't go woorying yourself
i had cramping early on too and sysmtoms r a good sign that the hormone r kicking in

Hi there :D I know how you feel! I found out i was pregnant 3 days ago, and have been having AF pains for the past 2 weeks (and still having them now :roll: ) I was really worried, so our consultant did a scan yesterday and all was fine. But I can't help but keep worrying - I just keep expecting AF to start any time! Calculating from 1st day of last AF, I am about 6 weeks 2days. i know I'm going to keep worrying about the AF pains until the next scan in 2 weeks, and probably keep worrying about them for as long as they continue!

And now I know I can't even take any painkillers for them!!!

Hang in there :D

I had af pains till I was about 7/8 weeks pg they are just stretching pains and very common.

It is normal to start worrying but try your best to relax.

As for your Docs phone recpetion it is different in different areas some will just refer you to the m/w. make sure you are taking your folic acid from now though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back