First Timer with LOTS of Questions!! (sooo excited!)

Rosie1

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I am new (to the forum and to being pregnant) and wanted to introduce myself, and get some advice / tips etc.

I'm Rosie, live in Somerset, am 25 and got my BFP this morning! (yippee :D ).

I am a little concerned about the cramping i am having...it is very low in my tummy, much like period pain. I have worked out on an online calculator that i am approx 5 weeks. I have read that cramping is normal but it has been happening for about 4 days straight now (which i at first thought WAS my period). Is it normal to last this long? should i be worried?

I am seeing my Dr on Friday, but any answers i can get before then to set my mind at ease would be great!

I want this baby soooo bad and an over the moon, but so scared as its my first time and i don't know what i'm doing!

Look forward to chatting!

xx

Hello,

Welcome to first tri, it's so exciting isn't it!! I had cramping during week 4 and 5 and it was so bad I was convinced AF was going to begin. Don't worry, it is just your uterus expanding and contracting in readyness for the growth of your baby and yes it feels just like AF pains.

Take care and speak soon,
Becs x

Congrats and welcome :wave: I'm sure your pains are just normal cramping but feel free to share your worries here - we're a right bag of worriers!

Thanks everyone, i will no doubt have a new question every day! I have also noticed a very light dischard. clear and no blood etc, so really no different to normal "cleaning2. Is this anything to worry about?! My mum is away on holiday, so i have to wait a week before i can start picking her brains!!

hope to make some good buddies on here so we can go through it all together, as i'm the first of my circle to be preggers!

xx

I had cramping for the first few weeks. If you get any signs of blood contact your Early pregnancy unit for advice. Wishing you a healthy 9 months x x x

hi sweetie and welcome :hug:

i have a clear discharge now and again too, there was a thread about it yesterday, and it was decided it was CM (cervical mucous.)

wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months :D

xxx

:hug: Congratulations.

I had cramping in weeks 5 to 8 on and off and i was worried but the ladies on here put my mind at rest. It is normal and just your body getting ready for your little one.

sarafet said:

i have a clear discharge now and again too, there was a thread about it yesterday, and it was decided it was CM (cervical mucous.)

xxx

Hey Sarafet,

What's funny is after our chat yesterday I got this on the train on the way home. I am so glad we'd chatted as it ment I didn't worry or wonder wtf was going on :D

Becs said:
sarafet said:

xxx

Hey Sarafet,

What's funny is after our chat yesterday I got this on the train on the way home. I am so glad we'd chatted as it ment I didn't worry or wonder wtf was going on :D

:rotfl: typical :D

Congrats on your BFP! :D

You will experience cramping right up until the start of the 2nd trimester sometimes. Try not to worry too much about it. It IS normal so long as you don't get any bleeding or significant pain (even then though, don't always think the worst!).

As for CM.. you'll see this increase somewhat too!!

well at least i'm not the only one, that sets my mind at rest!

i still can't beleive its real, i have bought 2 more tests (the digital ones this time, thought i'd push the boat out :) ) and will do one tomorrow morning. I know a false positive is REALLY unlikely, but i just can't beleive how lucky we are! we only started trying in September.

Hope this feeling lasts all 9 months! lol

Congratulations :)

And I'm just over the border in Devon. Seem to spend most of my time in Somerset though. Working or personal life usually means thats where I am unless I'm at home :lol:

:cheer: congratulations..... and welcome...

im 5 1/2 weeks.....
yeh last pregnancy i was absolutly convinced i was about to start AF... but read it was your uterus...

so when you due???? or have i missed that bit on this thread! xx

Conspatulations!! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months! :D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back