Hi I'm new and a few questions.

kate321

Reaction score
Firstly, Hi, I'm new to this forum, this is my third pregnancy so I should be an old hand at this, but have so many worries this time round.

I'm basically unsure on my dates, as I was on the pill and thought I had a virus. Was a total (happy!) shock to find I was expecting. It's been 6 years since my last child, so a lot to get my head round!

I went to see my GP and explained I feel more tired and achey, that i have tummy cramps, and not only has taken the pill up till last week but had smoked like a chimney too, and how worried I was.

He told me I have a one in four chance of miscarriage because of these factors and that as an older mum (makes me sound geriatric! I'm only 30!) I should expect it all to be different.

So now, every cramp has me worried. I'm possibly only 5 weeks gone, could be up to 14! Today i have a creamy wet discharge, I had to keep nipping to the loo to check i wasn't bleeding :(

I've phoned the midwife to get booked in and have an early scan asap upon my doctor's advice but they haven't phoned me back or anything.

I've never had a miscarriage, but am terrified I will now!

Has anyone had alot of cramping in early pregnancy? Mine's been like it for about a week now, I ache all over sometimes but mainly it;s in my tummy, hips and pelvis. Am also terrified of an ectopic pregnancy and don't know the symptoms.

Just wish i could get in for that scan as soon as possible maybe set my mind at ease as I'm acting like an invalid too scared to lift anything and worried about doing too much!

Also has anyone had the discharge?

Hi Kate and welcome! I'm pretty new to.

Yup had the discharge and the pains and was also constantly on the loo expecting the worst. I certainly wouldn't call you an old mum....now I'm an old mum, 40, my 4th child and 9 years since my last.

I would hazard a guess and say you're 5 weeks, you sound the same as I was at that stage, I'm 11 weeks now. And it is very different this time round, a lot scarier.

To be honest, I would nag and nag the midwife, getting yourself so stressed is not good. I'm sure if they know how worried you are they will get their asses in gear. That said, I'm sure it'll be fine. After a big gap between children, it feels like the first time again and with that comes all the nerves!

Good luck!

Hi and welcome :)

I'd guess 5 weeks too. I had the crampy pains for about a fortnight when i was at that stage, they gradually faded and now i just get little twinges now and then. If it was ectopic you're meant to have severe pain on 1 side and bleeding rather than discharge so try not to worry...I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine and you're doctors unnecessarily putting the frighteners up you.

Also, i'm 31 and my doctor told me i was perfect for baby making so you arent old!

xxx

Hi this is my 3rd baby too and iv been getting the exact same cramps and pains which has scared me but its calmed down a lot the past few days so I would also say you were around 5 weeks. Also 30 is not an older mum especially for your 3rd child so dont let that worry you even more hun, hope you get your scan soon x

do ou know when your la period was ull be able to work out how far you are i thought i was only 11 weeks when i found out but the scan showed i was 13 weeks+4 im now 15 weeks i cant help on the cramping coz ive never had any of them but i do have a lot of discharge i was told that its normal in pregnacy to have discharge i posted on the forum coz i have a load lol im constantly back and forth checking i also were panty liners

I'm 37 and have a 12 year old and a 8 yr old...so I am an older mum...but we worry just as much if not more I think...I'm 5 weeks and got few cramps but also i got intolerable trapped wind and bloatedness in my tummy too. I look 4 months preg and I cant do up my jeans...And I have the discharge too!!!!! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back