New (and Confused)

skeando

Reaction score
Right gonna have to give bit of background here, please bear with me :eek:)

Came off pill in June 09, and was only having periods every 9/10wks, started seeing doctor in Feb 10 to get checked out. Last year had all sorts of blood tests done for ovulation/hormones and echovist ultrasound scan. Hormones came back fine, echovist fine, they could never catch me ovulating they think cos my cycle was screwed up, and other half tested and he was fine too.

From Sep 10 my cycle started to shorten and in Jan 11 finally got positive result for ovulation, at which point consultant said they would do nothing for the next year, cos as far as they are concerned nothing wrong.

So we have been trying hard, and last two periods Feb and March have been 30days apart (so far so good for maintaining regular cycle). This month, worked out dates for ovulating, and in that window observed change in CM so thought was OV. Did BD at appropriate time and now period should have come on sat and it is now tue and nothing. Did test this morning but BFN! IS my cycle going wacky, or could I still be pregnant, anyone have any suggestions before my marbles roll downstairs and out the door???

Sorry about all the trouble has caused you :(

There are a lot of ladies on the forums that have been majorly screwed over by their contraceptive and i can recollect times that they thought they were back on track with their cycles and then they suddenly went crazy again...

I have never used a contraceptive myself so i haven't been effected by it personally, but i think that i would definately keep up with the OPKs until your cycle has been regular for 6 months because it would make this kind of situation much easier to figure out.

If we knew for sure when you had ovulated (i get ewcm 4 days before ovualtion) then we could work out if a hpt should definately show a pregnancy or not...

With us not knowing, you might just be testing too early if you ovualted later than you think.

Thats not much help i guess, but any hpt should be accurate by 14 days after conception based on a normal hCG amount that the embryo should be producing.

Fingers crosssed for you :hug:

Period came today (so thats 34 days for this month), so guess just need to keep going for next month. Not sure how much longer I can do this for. Almost wish they had found some sort of problem so at least the doctors would do *something*!!!!

Sorry Skeando :(

Hopefully you'll get your BFP this cycle :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back