HSG - Anyone had one, if so - Did it hurt ?. update ! ! !

Loobie9

Reaction score
I have to book one for myself on my next cycle (feb) - feeling very scared as i've heard so many people say that it hurt like hell.

It's ok, I want you to be honest....... Honest :)

update -

well i had it done, and for those of you who will be having one in the future, please do not worry the way i have. it was absolutley fine. really nothing to worry about. and the nurse confirmed that all ok with me, and that i'm probably not getting pregnant due to stress.......

Depends how they do it, mine was via laparoscopy with a general anaesthetic and didnt hurt atall....just a bit sore round the 2 incisions (on on the belly button and one on the bikini line - they are tiny tho) for a few days, and the first day I had mild period type cramps.

I think thats the most common method and honestly theres nothing to worry about :hug: :hug:

I had one a year ago and i didn't feel a thing. I didn't have it done the incision way. They inserted a catheter and then ran dye through to do an xray. It was slightly uncomfortable at first but no pain. I had read horror stories on the internet before mine and i was terrified and so tense on the day. Try not to worry about it, its better to be as relaxed as possible.

Good luck,
Michelle x

Hi - I have had two and am having a third in a couple of weeks.
The first was quite painful, the second - not at all - I would recommend taking a couple of Nurofen about half an hour before your appt though as this really helped the second time! Vicky

Pardon my ignorance but what is a HSG?

Notty - A HSG is to check that your tubes are not blocked.

Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back