Nervously hoping to TTC in November

monsterpickle

Reaction score
Hi all! :wave:
I have a 3.5yr old and struggled massively with very severe PND. For a long time I didn't even want to think about another child but gradually came round to the idea!
I had to come off my anti-depressant medication as it wasn't suitable for pregnancy. I'm finally off them (hooray!), coil is out and I'm just allowed my body to readjust (I had no periods while on it so have been advised to allow for a full cycle before TTC) before starting trying hopefully in November time!
I only have 1 ovary and I'm over 40yrs old so a little nervous about how things might go..

Hi:wave:
Welcome to WTT! Sorry to hear you had such bad PND. Hope you have a better and easier newborn stage next time.
I'm in exactly the same situation as you. Coil coming out on Tues then I'll give my body a month to readjust and will (hopefully) start ttc in Nov unless my oh gets cold feet:roll: He's a bit nervous...
I look forward to sharing this journey together:) Were you on the forum when ttc your first? How quickly did you conceive?

x

Thanks!
Conceiving J was super easy - I had been charting for ages and my periods were really, really regular so I knew exactly when we needed to dtd. J was conceived first month of trying!!

Fingers crossed it will be the same for you this time.
OH and I have had a chat over the weekend and will definitely be trying in Nov:dance: Just need to wait for my "real" AF to show up then it's all systems go! If my cycles continue the way there whilst I had the coil, AF will be due around 24th Oct. I'm literally counting down the days lol!

Hi am new too & similar to yourself had a very bad start with my DD who is now 4 & just started school.
It was a good 6 months a sheer hell, so totally feel your pain. Things started to get a little better still after once she reached 12months & I've kinda been OK since.
Now how my situation differs slightly is that I desperately want to start ttc #2 but hubby isn't so keen. Infact he says he's not sure if he even wants another. Partly down to how things where last time. My womb aches for another baby & my daughter has recently gone through a stage of asking for a baby brother or sister.
Me & hubby have been talking about it for quite some time but still not really getting anywhere. He tells me we'll try then when it comes to it we never do. Am not on anything & haven't been for 8+ months. Hubby has very good self control so an accident is SO unlikely.
Also hubby is a best man next August with stag do in July so this & next months he's told me are defo out.
Its actually starting to get me down as it took us over a year the first time which resulted in a miscarriage at 11 weeks. Our DD was then convinced 3 months later. So age gap is also a concern if when we eventually do try it takes over a year again.
Sorry to bombard your post I just feel I need to talk to someone as hubby is sick of hearing about me wanting another baby.

Hi bumblebee, sorry to hear you've also been through such a difficult time:-(
I understand your husband is very wary of this happening again but every pregnancy, birth, and child is different so it doesn't necessarily mean you will go through such a tough time next time. My advice is just to keep talking. My hubby and I have both been on the fence about whether to go for another and all though I've been ready for a while now, it's taken him a while to get on board. I spent numerous occasions over several months talking, reassuring, and figuring practical stuff out together (space, finances etc) and eventually he saw my point of view and is now ready.
Really hope your OH comes round to the idea soon as I know that aching womb feeling is agonising! Big hugs x

Hello! Welcome! I am just about to hit 39 and am also just on my first cycle of ttc for my second! Will be great to follow your journey we can cheer each other on!! Best of luck. When do you start testing? Xxx

Hi am new too & similar to yourself had a very bad start with my DD who is now 4 & just started school.
It was a good 6 months a sheer hell, so totally feel your pain. Things started to get a little better still after once she reached 12months & I've kinda been OK since.
Now how my situation differs slightly is that I desperately want to start ttc #2 but hubby isn't so keen. Infact he says he's not sure if he even wants another. Partly down to how things where last time. My womb aches for another baby & my daughter has recently gone through a stage of asking for a baby brother or sister.
Me & hubby have been talking about it for quite some time but still not really getting anywhere. He tells me we'll try then when it comes to it we never do. Am not on anything & haven't been for 8+ months. Hubby has very good self control so an accident is SO unlikely.
Also hubby is a best man next August with stag do in July so this & next months he's told me are defo out.
Its actually starting to get me down as it took us over a year the first time which resulted in a miscarriage at 11 weeks. Our DD was then convinced 3 months later. So age gap is also a concern if when we eventually do try it takes over a year again.
Sorry to bombard your post I just feel I need to talk to someone as hubby is sick of hearing about me wanting another baby.

Aw bumble bee I know the feeling my hubby hasn’t quite been on board for a second and I still don’t think he is too sure but he’s going along with it for our daughter I think as we both know she would make the best big sister! Here to chat anytime and I hope he comes round xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back