Neighbour, grrrrrr

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Sorry to rant but just got to get this off my chest...

Love my house, have lived here for 12 years, my mum and dad used to live next door and were forever popping their head over the back garden wall (we called the The Cooooooeeeesss)....I didnt mind too much, but once my OH moved in, he was really annoyed by it-he is a private person and it got so bad that everytime we opened the back door to go in the garden, there they were....

Anyway, mum and dad moved at Christmas (much to OH delight!! :dance: ) and a family moved in...

There we were this afternoon putting the finishing touches to our new deck and we turned to see Mr new neighbour poking head over wall, he then tried to hold a conversation but I think he could see how un impressed we were!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH, I feel like crying, its taken me since christmas to relax in the garden, and we have finally invested alot of time and money doing a garden makeover as we imagined we would be able to relax and enjoy the garden without fear of prying eyes from next door!!!!

Am I just being petty? Dont want to fall out with the neighbours.... :think: :(

No, i dont think you are being petty, its annoying. Especially when its a private back garden. I think you will have to be polite but firm and not engage in too much conversation.
I really dont know what to suggest.

We are going to plant some large plants infront of the section of wall which is low enough to peer over!!

I wouldnt dream of doing it to anyone, its an invasion of privacy...

We could of been romping naked on the deck for all he knew!!! LOL :shock: :dance: :moon: xxx

So thats what goes on down in Wirral is it.
Ive a communal back door, dont think it would go down to well if we did that.

LOL

Or I could get a water pistol, and squirt him in the eye when his head pops up?? :shock: :dance:

Ha ha thats funny actually cos I have lived next door to this woman for 2 years and never set eyes on her until today when she popped her head over to thank OH for giving her some paint to do her side of the fence. She ended up coming round for a few drinks and a bbq and we got on really well. I think I have found a new friend :D

This guy is as boring as hell, everytime we speak to him in the street he tells us how far he has driven that day, how far he has to drive the next day and so on (he is a sales man) He has a monotone voice and a hang dog expression....ah now I feel sorry for him now!! Maybe he is lonely and wants to be friends with us??? :roll:

I cant stand that !!

I feel uncomfortable takin my top off in the back garden because people can easily see over the fence or through their top window or somethin

I'd hate neighbors though delibertly popping their head over for a gab

JMC said:
I cant stand that !!

I feel uncomfortable takin my top off in the back garden because people can easily see over the fence or through their top window or somethin

Its okay hun I can asure you they wont look at you :moon:

lol that was a joke by the way

violet-glow said:
JMC said:
I cant stand that !!

Its okay hun I can asure you they wont look at you :moon:

lol that was a joke by the way

Im not fat, i'm just big boned :cry:

Definatly buy and plant some trees so they can't look over so easily!
:D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back