Whats Your Earliest Childhood Memory?

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
I have been thiking lately about all the stuff I do with Maia, the things we do as a family and how everything has an impact on her, and I wondered how much of it will she remember when she grows up?

So I started thinking about my childhood memories and my earliest memory.

Mine is when we were moving house, I was 18 months old. We were moving to a house that needed some work doing before we moved in so we we used to go quite often and mum and dad did the work. I remember pulling up in the car (a white one) getting out and the eldest girl from our neighbours house came running up and picked me up and I remember being in her arms and walking down the garden path to our back door, it was a lovely sunny day too.

Whats your earliest childhood memory and what age were you?

I think I answered this question in another thread but hey ill do it again as love looking back on my childhood.

My earluiest memory is being 5 and getting my pull along spider.
Do you remember the ones with red wheeels, yellow legs :lol:

That was my fave toy ever.

My mum got me loads of mini ones with there own house things and my mean sister stamped on it and broke it :( :twisted: :lol:
I never forgave her for that the horrid moo :lol:

I want another one :shakehead: :lol:

Was either pooring fruit smoothie into a plant pot (because it was grossse) and therefore being hit by my Dads new bird, OR being on my bunkbed in the living room of my mums and her new husbands house, the day before they went on their honeymoon and I was being looked after - I cant think why the bed was there though!!

They were very close in time - at most 6 months apart, but I forget which was 1st...Id of been 3 and a half - 4!

My earliest childhood memory is a dream I've had since being 3 years old!

I had a nightmare that the sugarpuff monster knocked on my mum's door and tried to run off with me. But my dad grabbed me feet and tried to pull me back. They were tugging me so hard that I split in half and I was green inside! :oops:

xxx

In all honesty i dont remember being a child, there are things i know but more because i have been told about them than remembering them :(

Believe it or not I was about two or three - I was eating strawberry chewits and my mum was decorating. OH says I'm a liar :fib: as he can't remember yesterday! :roll:

Kim x x x x

I remember sitting in my buggy eating jellytots watching the rain rolling down the raincover. I can remember the smell of the plastic :lol:

I can also remember getting my ears pierced when I was a few weeks away from 3, I was really excited cos I'd wanted it done for ages.

I'm 28 now :D

I must have been around 2 years old and remember seeing my mother pregnant with my sister. The next thing I remember is my mother breastfeeding my sister. I must have been nearly 2.5 then.

play school - one kid pushed another kids head down the loo. i can remember one of my friends mums who worked there dragging a wet child from the loo's

I was about 2 and a half and my mum was putting my big girl bed in my room and decorating it. I also remember (for some reason I remember it being the same day but probably wasnt) I went to the toilet by myself (the proper toilet) and falling down and crying for my mum to rescue me! :lol:

Sam&Alice said:
play school - one kid pushed another kids head down the loo. i can remember one of my friends mums who worked there dragging a wet child from the loo's

:shock: :shock: Poor kid, hope it was a clean bowl and where did the other kid learn to do that I wonder?!

I think they say cognitive memory begins around the age of 2! i remember things from when my sister was first born so i was 3..i remember helping give her a bottle when she was a few months old..and one time we were having new carpet laid so it was tiles on the floor my sister was in her highchair and my mum gave her something in a bowl it was my favourite bowl and she threw it and it smashed on the floor :-(

my first memeory was my first day at school and putting some jigsaw thing together but TBH i dont remember a thing before that! I would have been one month away from 5. I dont remember much of childhood apart from holidays or trips out up until maybe the last year at primary school after which things become a bit clearer. I so wish I could remember things from when i was 2 or 3 how cool that is!

I can't remember :lol:

Unfortunately most of my child hood is a blocked memory.. maybe one day i'll unlock them, I have some vague ones but not that i'd like to share. Good memories started probably around 7? I think anyway. Like someone else said though most things I 'remember' are from what other people have told me :)

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I can't remember :lol:

Unfortunately most of my child hood is a blocked memory.. maybe one day i'll unlock them, I have some vague ones but not that i'd like to share. Good memories started probably around 7? I think anyway. Like someone else said though most things I 'remember' are from what other people have told me :)

Im the opposite to you Sweetcheeks, my good times were before I turned 7 from then on I try and block.

I was about 3 and went to the fort on my own (the fort was a local wooden park) and I got stuck in a tyre swing and some man pulled me out and took me home. God knows what I was doing out on my own at that age!

2nd memory was moving day and I asked my dad if he'd packed my turtle, it was a sit and ride and I was getting on for 4 by then. He said he had and we moved house and he'd lied and I never forgave him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back