Needs help not mentally lol!

scaredmum2be

Reaction score
Hi there as above really erm.
Ive kinda made 3 lists on what to pack but ive got like a small suitcase an a biggish hold all.
I need help what to put in the small suitcase and does this bag mean after birth stuff to bring out the car?? :
packet nappies
maturnity pads
breast pads
blanket
plastic bag for dirty clothes.
Toiletries
Magazines
slippers
cardi
socks, knickers and clothes for me. If anyone has more to add in this part please let me know i am struggling :( and i feel thick for a first timer.

Birth partner:
Hand held Fan
comftable shoes
change of clothes
camera
swimwear for birthign pool
snacks and drink all in one bag?? if anything else needs to go in this part please let me know and do we take partners bag into hospital when im in labour??

for baby which i thought this goes in to the small suitcase when born?? :
out fit for trip home
5 of each vests and suits
baby blanket
nappies
socks and booties
hat
cardi
bibs
if nething else needs putting here can some one please help me and does this bag of stuff need to come in with me
I need help :( and its doing my head in but i really need to get it done ive got nearly 8 weeks left and cant believe ive left it this long and worried incase i need to go in sooner than expected.
Hope someone is kind enough to help but also doesnt think im not stupid lol.
Thanks x:)

YOU'RE NOT STUPID!!!
I have been trying to pack my bags for about 2-3 weeks now and still not finished. :lol:

Can't remember seeing on your list a towel and shower stuff. I know some hospitals do supply things but i have gone and bought ones i know i like to make me feel fresh after the birth. :)

Oh yeah forgot bout the towels thanks for that but im going to try a trip in town and get some dark towels as havent got them in darks lol.
Im knackered and i cant be bothered to do it to be honest its a struggle cos ive no idea on how to pack and i dont want to put them in different bags by mistake cos i know ill be faffing about lol. Ive been tryin to pack mine for weeks i so know how you feel lol.

Ive read different lists i just dont know wether to put baby bits in a small bag and then towels etc in small suitcase and small bag for other half or put baby bits in with other half stuff grr its confusing lolx

I packed dark towels aswell.
I have a small case for me, a little fifi case for Ava and jay will have a bag for himself aswell with snacks, money and a change of clothes in for him as he is allowed to stay at the hospital overnight. :)
just pack it all how it suits you, if you can fit it all in 1 or 2 hen do that but if it will be better organised in 3 then pack 3. Do it for you convenience as it will be you or your OH getting things out of them. :)

Can OH's small bag for his stuff be left in the same room as my stuff as im assuming the small suitcase will have to be left in the car? :S x

i have no idea tbh, i assumed everything would just stay in my room with me. Depends how your hospital works i think. My OH is allowed to stay overnight in my hospital as it mostly private rooms anyway.

do your hospital do tours of the unit? You could ask when you go to view it if they do.

ive been asking for a guide tour for while but no such look as yet will ask my consultant if i manage to get that far lol. i might just take them all in haha hubbys small bag my bag an small suitcase aslong as nothing gets knicked as my trust in people at hospitals is well out the window lol. x

Try not to worry what is in each bag, as long as you've packed what you want to have with you. The problem is that hospital lockers aren't that big so having a massive suitcase will just get in your way. In saying that when you go into labour you'll have your own room so will have extra space. It's only when you've had baby will you find that space is quite tight when they move you to the post natal ward. My friends all packed big bags and ended up sending their husbands home with them after baby had arrived. The midwives aren't going to turn you away at the door because you have too many or too big a bag!

Lol thanks hun will try again when ive brought more bits from town tomorrow lolx

At my antenatal class my midwife said to think about what makes you comfy at home and see if it's possible to take it with you. For her it was her pillow as it smelt like home and was comforting. For me it'll be my ipod with all the music that I know and love. There are no set rules and it's not the end of the world if you forget something (I hope, lol) :)

Lol thank you :) it is rubbish weather today so i might be able to get something done haha x

When you go into hospital in labour or going in to be induced etc you need babys stuff and your stuff and obviously your OH`s stuff too. When baby comes they will need his clothes ready to put on him so he doesnt get cold. I keep thinking im going to do my hospital bag but then i end up sitting here coz im too tired out :( x

Well at least you're preparing early. I didnt even go to the hospital with a bag my Mum just brought whatever it was a bloody disaster!! Lol

It sounds awful but I honestly do not remember what I took with me! Lol x I know I had 2-3 sleepsuits for Summer, a coming home outfit, little light jacket, 2 blankets, a few newborn nappies but that's all I remember-oh and a digital camera with spare batteries x if I end up in hospital this time (fingers crossed not) I'll take-clothes for me, sleepsuits for Seb-maybe 4-5 this time as Summer chucked up on hers within minutes of wearing them! Lol, a blanket, bibs, pyjamas for me, toiletries, nappies, wipes, a towel or two, I wouldn't bother with a swim suit tbh, hair brush, digital camera with spare batteries, phone charger, spare underwear, sanitary stuff-can't honestly think what else x gosh it sounds like loads!!! x x

knowing a few list for babys stuff aswell as other halfs and mine is kinda knackering aint it lol x

Dont forget an outfit for yourself to wear home!!! My mate - went in her PJ's and forgot to pack clothes for herself!! Thats story always stuck in my mind! :) But your list looks good! :) im quite excited to pack my bag!!! ive made a list!! Everyone things im crazy doing it soooo early! but i can add things, plenty of time to make a mistake etc..... Everyone keeps mentioning that your oh or partner - should re-pack your bag (I reckon with supervision) so they know where and what everything is!! I will def do that with my hubby! But I think i will help him re-pack - otherwise everything will be a mess!! lol

Last edited:
I keep adding to my list of hospital stuff and bits i still need to get. My OH will forget all my bags anyway so im just gonna have to prepare everything for him so he doesnt. Im just worried about the whole car park issue, i no my OH will worry more about getting me into the hospital and making sure im ok before he bothers getting a ticket. i wish all hospitals had the barriers going in and out and you pay on way out. I hope you get your bag sorted soon x

Everyone keeps mentioning that your oh or partner - should re-pack your bag (I reckon with supervision) so they know where and what everything is!! I will def do that with my hubby! But I think i will help him re-pack - otherwise everything will be a mess!! lol

I no exactly what you mean my OH is going to mess my bag up when im in labour anyway so im just gonna get things out myself i think lol. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back