need some help with workwear... :(

Michelle, have you ever thought about having your colours done?

I had mine done a couple of years ago and it's been like a new lease of life. You get given a swatch of all your colours, which you take with you whenever you shop, and you will never go wrong again with colour coordination.

I also picked up loads of style tips at my colour session, and since then I always get compliments on how I look.

It might be worth getting it done, or at least researching it and trying to work out for yourself which 'season' you are. Once you know, you won't look back.

Also, I have the Trinny and Susanne 'What your clothes say about you' book, and it's a fantastic guide for both colour, style and make up tips.

sorry i cant help really- i'v always flouted (sp?) the work dress code and for some reason i always get away with it when others dont!
good luck tho hope u find some nice stuff u feel happy in :hug:

If some people are allowed to wear certain outfits yet you get told its not appropriate for you to wear the same, I would take it up with HR. If you have asked several times what is appropriate and they are unable to give you a definitive explanation then I don't really think thats good enough....

You are trying to be proactive by thinking through your appearance, if they are unable to provide you with any guidelines yet still pull you up on it it seems a little unfair to me.

How about asking one of the girls in your office to go shopping with you, or come over to your house and help you pick some outfits out?

Sammystar said:
Also, I have the Trinny and Susanne 'What your clothes say about you' book, and it's a fantastic guide for both colour, style and make up tips.

I've just posted that to her :D

I live by my colour guide

I'm here, sorry people, thanks for all the replies... I'm off out to baby clinic this afternoon and had PND group this morning (busy day) but I'll write a proper reply later I promise :)

thanks for helping me, and thanks minxy that's so fab of you to post to me... x

samandbump said:
next have some nice work wear have a look on there website theres a few outfits i like on there that arent too dressy or casual, also i find asda and tesco have some nice cardigans and tops i get alot of my work clothes from there as i dont see the point of spending a fortune just to go to work, hope this helps

i was going to suggest Next.

laetitia85 said:
samandbump said:
next have some nice work wear have a look on there website theres a few outfits i like on there that arent too dressy or casual, also i find asda and tesco have some nice cardigans and tops i get alot of my work clothes from there as i dont see the point of spending a fortune just to go to work, hope this helps

i was going to suggest Next.

I third Next i get the majority of my work stuff from there as they have nice smart cas stuff...

x

I've got a next gift card so as soon as it's ok weather I'll take a wander over :)

I got a couple of thin jumpers today, one was beige, one was red, got a white shirt with wide purple pinstripes on, and dark red ankle boots... got from New Look and those 4 things cost me £18 so hopefully... :D

I'll have a try of them later or tomorrow and if they look a bit weird I'll take them back and swap them for something else :)

When I go to next i think I'll have a look for one of those skirts, the knee length ones that are straight down looking... :wall: pencil? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back