What to wear for a wedding?

poppy160

Reaction score
Hey! need advice..I'm going to a wedding on Sat and can't decide what to wear..I have 2 tops..one is black and white with flowers, bit plain with black trousers..and the other one is cream with a brown swirly pattern with a brown rope tie neck which I love which i got today When i got home I realised you shouldn't wear cream to a wedding cause it clashes with the bride..but surely a cream top with dark trousers is okay? What do you think? Or should I be safe and stick with black and white? It's my OHs friends getting married so i don't know what type of dress bride is going to be wearing but I think it will be traditional. xx

Seemingly you can't wear all white or all black to a wedding, but a mix of colours are ok... I wore mostly black to my sil wedding, but I asked her first... as I only really wear black... but I wore a red shawl to break it up.... but at least I was obviously not the bride lol... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would say you could wear the cream top with black trousers.. that won't be offensive.. and if anyone complains just remind them that getting clothes to fit a 20 week bump isn't the easiest task... nor the cheapest for something you will only wear for a max of four months... :?

Thanks Squiglet, you've made me feel load better about it. I think I'll accessorise with gold earrings/bangles, I just can't face all black and white it's too gloomy! Yay! My OHs an Usher and I want to look nice with him and the cream top will do the job! Thanks :D :hug:

Yeah, black and cream/white shouldn't be a problem. I went to four weddings last year and quite a few people wore black and white, it looked lovely.

I have a similar problem next year...I have a wedding when I am 38 weeks!!!! God knows what I am going to wear!! I might cut a hole in a table cloth and stick my head through :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back