Need some help - waist measurements at around 30 weeks??

PrincessClaire

Reaction score
Hi there

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant by complete accident, and have decided against moving my upcoming wedding just because I will be 32 weeks pregnant at that time. I have sold my original wedding dress and need to have a new one made, but I have no idea what measurements I will be!!

I am a standard size 12 and am hoping that you ladies who are also usually around that size can tell me what your waist / pregnant belly measurements are so I can at least attempt to calculate what size I might be when I get to around 30 weeks. I know it won't be 100% accurate but the dressmaker obviously needs time to make the dress so I can't do any better than guesswork I'm afraid.

The only other info I can offer is that I started showing at around 11/12 weeks. I have no idea if I fit the mould of an 'average' pregnant belly at this point!

So... what are your waist measurements if you don't mind me asking??

Hi!

I was a size 10/12 pre pregnancy, waist was around 29 inches before. I have just measured my bump and it is 41 inches round at the widest point. It depends how tall you are as I think mine sticks out more as I am only 5ft 1, so baby grows out rather than up! I was measuring exactly right at my 31 week mw app, so I guess mine is an average bump!

I also had a small bump at 11 weeks :)

I hope that helps! xx

Can I suggest an Empire Line style dress? That way the floaty material will accomodate even the biggest bump!
nicholasmillington3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks leesey, but I've been to loads of wedding dress shops and tried loads of dresses, and they tend to look very floaty and like they would have enough space, but they often have a tight underskirt. You basically have to take the whole dress apart just to make it work :/ Which is why I need to have one made instead!

Hi hun! Congratulations on your wedding. Have a look at this website. I was admiring these dresses the other day. They are pricey but beautiful and might mean you don't have to worry and just order one when you have more of a clue how big your gonna be as they are proper maternity dresses.

http://www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothes/wedding-dresses.html

^^WSS is best advice!

Congrats on your baby and wedding, and welcome to PF!

There is no way to guess what size you will be later in pregnancy, everybodies body is so different and reacts differently to pregnancy. My body holds on to everything I eat lol And then it falls off afterwards, some people lose weight, some never even look pregnant!

Spammy gave best advice and order a dress closer to the time, and a maternity one will be so much more comfortable too!

xxxx

Forgot to say, also it's not just waistline that expands... boobs get bigger too lol

Hi hun! Congratulations on your wedding. Have a look at this website. I was admiring these dresses the other day. They are pricey but beautiful and might mean you don't have to worry and just order one when you have more of a clue how big your gonna be as they are proper maternity dresses.

Some more great advice but I have already looked online, very extensively in fact!!! And Tiffany Rose is a website I have frequented. Some of the dresses there are nice but they are just not what I am looking for.

So I just need measurements please for those who are willing to provide! :)

Did my measurements help hun? Or did you want a few to compare? :) xx

I got my wedding dress at tiffany Rose, it was lovely! I was 31 weeks, had previously been a size 8 but needed their size 10-12 to fit comfortably, i ordered 2 sizes and sent the smaller back the week before once i was sure which one would fit best. It's really hard to tell how big your bump will be as around that time you get sudden growth spurts, my bump has doubled in size in the 4 short weeks since. Good luck with the wedding and baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back