Measurements!

-Cat-

Reaction score
I have been weighing myself throughout my pregnancy just to see how much I put on and how quickly I lose it afterwards. I have been eating a healthy diet throughout my pregnancy yet have still managed to put on 'fat stores' all over.

Yesterday evening I decied to take all my measurements so that after baby is born I can see where Im losing the weight from. Im sure certain aspects of my figure will probably change shape permanently, but Im on a mission to be back to my size 12 by christmas.

When I did my measurements I also looked up what clothing sizes those measurements were. now both my Hip and bust measurements are up one size to a 14 so thats not to bad, what I did find hysterical was that my 'waist' (if thats what I can still call it) is now a size 28! ha ha ha ha

I do seem to have dumped on a load of weight on my bum, hips and thighs, even a load on the backs of my knees, so its uncomfortable to crouch down.

So Im here in the final days and have put on a total of exactly 2stone which Im pretty happy about.

Has anyone else been monitoring there weight gain/measurements and how are you doing? gaining weight in any weird places?

I have decided to keep my pregnacy diary going after the baby is born for a little while, so I can keep you updated with the little bean and also how my body recovers, replacing 'bump' pics with saggy belly pics!

OMG Cat - I'd be too scared to convert my belly size to an actual dress size! - You brave woman!

I've put on 2st 4lbs so far and although everyone else thinks I don't look like I've put on too much weight - I KNOW my bottom, thighs and hips have increased considerabley. I can even see a difference in my face. :cry: But hey ho, it's all worth it right? - I had a growth scan this week and the baby is estimated to weigh approx 6lb8oz already, so I'm hoping to lose at least a stone (Wishful thinking) on delivery. Somehow though I know I'll not be squeezing back into my pre pregnancy jeans in a hurry. :wink:

My belly has increased from 24inchs to 38inchs but I've only gone up one bra size (unfortunately for DH) :lol:

Only 10 days to GROW! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not long at all for you now! :p

well i currently weigh 9st but i have gained weight around my hips , bum and thighs so would like to somehow lose that!!! so does anyone know any good exercises that will help me shift the weight in these areas????????????

I also put on a stone and a half/2 stone during pregnancy (too scared to weigh myself properly!!!)

your very brave to measure your waistline cat!!!!!!

I've put on 2 and a quarter stone so far. I'm sure most of it was during the first 17 weeks when I was nauseous and ate my way through it :( .

Weight gain slowed right down after that.

Top of my legs and my bum are covered in cellulite :( and stretch marks :cry: :cry: :cry: . Am counting on breastfeeding to be my saviour!!

My hubbie loves the way I look which makes me feel a lot better about it all & I know it will all be worth it.

LBxx

omg!! ive put on 3 stone.. :oops:
granted alot of it is water coz ive got really bad odema so much so i can even wear my flip flops on certain days!! i was worried about what i ate ect but htne i thought sod it.. i'll eat what my body wants and then when i havent got to worry about little one missin out on something he mite need i can diet.. so roll on nexty month so i can figure out what clothes size im guna be!! am wearing size 14 maternity at the mo.(and thats coz ve put on alot on my bum and if i wear a 12 its too tight on my belly!)
so as longs as i stay at 12-14 i dont mind.

Well I've put on 3 stone. I used to be 8 1/2 and I'm now 11 1/2.

People say I don't look too bad but I can definetly notice it on my thighs, bum and hips - hoping it goes after I've had the baby. I didn't have to much trouble last time but they say it's different with your second.

I had a shock when I accidentally weighed myself at 6 months although actually I was only about 6lbs over the recommended amount that you put on at that stage. I vowed then not to worry about it but to try not to eat too much in the last trimester as apparently that's when you can put on more weight and also are hungry the whole time! I think my main problem with the Second Trimester was that so many things either gave me heartburn or just made me feel sick (I actually couldn't keep porridge down would you believe?) that I ended up eating lots of white bread for breakfast and lunch for several weeks rather than the rice cakes and porridge that I usually have and bread always makes me put on weight. Now that I can eat huge amounts of fruit and veg without heartburn I'm mostly eating piles of fruit and lots of salad although I have had cravings for protein which I'm satisfying with tofu, lots of beans and soya milk (I'm a veggie).

I lost nearly three stone over a three year period prior to getting pregnant- just by changing my habits really so I know I can lose the weight again afterwards when I go back to my former eating. I actually wish I could go back to the more rice based diet I had before right now as I felt so good on it so I think that's a good thing. Mostly I've been concerned about eating enough of a balanced diet for my baby though rather than watching my weight- especially since I am a veggie with a milk intolerance. So I have drank lots of soya milk, eaten heaps of dried apricots, and lots of spinach including quite fattening indian spinach dishes with garlic (mmm) or lentil dhal but at the end of the day I wanted to make sure that the sprog was getting enough iron, calcium and protein as these are the things that veggies sometimes lack.

My cunning plan is to go out walking with my sprog A LOT after he or she arrives as we don't have a car anyway and it'll get me out and about too. Hopefully the breastfeeding will burn some calories too if that works out ok. I am determined to get back to where I was though as I really liked feeling the way I did before- still a size 14 but happier about it!

Oh- it's all gone on my legs and hips too by the way. My boobs are the same size they were pre-pregnancy! It's also gone on around my neck and face a bit which I do really hate as I feel all fat about the chin but everyone saya I look very well so I'm trying not to ge obsessed!

+++

I'm not at the third trimester bit yet, but I am a lot like you Cat in that I am weighing myself regularly, and eating as healthily as possible.

So far I have gained 11 pounds (at the 22 week point) and I'm very happy with that as it seems to be OK according to all the books and websites that I have read.

I too have noticed that I started to put on weight round my thighs immediately. They thickened up before I even started to put on weight :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , and I am putting it down to water retention and fat stores for breastfeeding.

I am still going to the gym (at a much lower intensity) and have stepped up my swimming and feel really well on it.

I hope that I have put on just two stone at full term, I will be over the moon! You have done really well!

Well if it makes you feel any better girls I have found out the following information:

At the birth alone you can lose up to 2 stone!
With more weight lost over the following days with excess water and blood etc being lost via your sweat and urine.

Most wight gain is during 4 - 7 months. I have noticed that after this time my weight gain slowed right down and have put on next to nothing in the last couple of months.

The body early on in pregnancy puts fat stores on the hips and thighs in preperation for breast feeding, which go quickly once your milk comes in.

My measurements are now as follows:
Bust - 38inch (was 34)
Waist - 44inch (was 28 )
Hips - 40inch (was 34)
Thighs - 24inch
Knees - 17inch (they are so tubby!)
Calves - 15.5inch
Upper arms - 11.3inch (dont think I have put any weight on here)

I will keep you updated as you how these measurements change post birth!

Oh and as for post birth exercise Im going to get myslef a rowing machine as this will work all the areas I need. Gentle stomach and abdomen, back strengthening, plus hips bum and thighs and its a good cardio-vascular exercise too. Midwife aggreed that this or swimming are the best ways of getting your figure toned up again after the birth.

Cat, I'm so pleased about what you said about the most weight being between 4-7 months.

My only worry is that I like to indulge at Xmas, but without alcohol, I can't see me going mad.

Thanks for all your facts and figures!

:D :D

How are you managing to measure your waist? I can't find mine!!!! Think I lost it at about 20 weeks!!! :?

After all my worrying at about 22 weeks when I thought I had put on over a stone and half when the scales were actually wrong, I have put on a little over a stone at 31 weeks which I am happy about. I used my not so trusty scales which reads I have put on 3 stone! I laugh at these scales now as every where else says it's just over a stone including the midwifes. I still feel a lard ass though and have put it all on my bums hips and thighs, and my boobs of course! I'm going to get a turbo trainer for my bike so I can use my mountain bike as an exercise bike in the conservatory as it will be far to cold to go out. Job done............I hope.

And cat, thanks for the advice on the aches and pains thing. I am half way through decorating my room and think my sleep is alos disturbed by my nesting instinct that wants to be cosy and not live in a decorating mess. Should all be over at the end of the week :)

Em xxxxxxxx

After all my worrying at about 22 weeks when I thought I had put on over a stone and half when the scales were actually wrong, I have put on a little over a stone at 31 weeks which I am happy about. I used my not so trusty scales which reads I have put on 3 stone! I laugh at these scales now as every where else says it's just over a stone including the midwifes. I still feel a lard ass though and have put it all on my bums hips and thighs, and my boobs of course! I'm going to get a turbo trainer for my bike so I can use my mountain bike as an exercise bike in the conservatory as it will be far to cold to go out. Job done............I hope.

And cat, thanks for the advice on the aches and pains thing. I am half way through decorating my room and think my sleep is alos disturbed by my nesting instinct that wants to be cosy and not live in a decorating mess. Should all be over at the end of the week :)

Em xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back