Help with measurements please

lottietat

Reaction score
Hi,

I had a 32 week scan today to see the size of my baby as I have a raised BMI. They said baby is slightly above average, but not to worry too much at the moment. They didn't mention actual sizes or anything, but looking at my report, can someone tell me what measurements the following initials relate to and how different my figures are to yours?

BPD: 85mm
FL: 64mm
HC:323mm
AC: 309mm

Thanks

I'm guessing:

FL is femur length
AC is abdominal circumference
HC is head circumference

Not sure what BPD is tho, sorry. I also only have measurements from my 20 week scan which I don't think will help you.xx

Thanks Lulabell, that makes sense. Just wondered how much bigger than normal my baby currently is! Will see if anyone else has figures
x

I don't have any since my 20 week scan either but have a growth scan on 2nd December, so if your still wondering by then I will be able to give you my measurements x x

BPD is bi-parietal diameter- it's a measurement of the babies head side to side. I'm afraid I didn't have a 32 week scan so I can't give u measruements for comparison.....there might be an online table somewhere? My understanding is the measurements should be within 2weeks of the average either 2 weeks behind or ahead. As long as the baby is following the same growth curve on the chart then I don't think there is any cause for concern......I think it's only if they jump to a different line there is a problem?

Hope that helps xx

Hi Lottietat, I had my 32 week scan on Tuesday (due to high BMI and BP, I was 32w 1d) and I'm measuring small. Measurements are below:

BPD: 7.4cm (29w 3d)
HC: 28cm (29w 4d)
AC: 28.4cm (33w 4d)
FL: 5.8cm (30w 2d)

Dr didn't seem too bothered by it though.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back