Need some advise is possible please x

Megan19003

Reaction score
Myself and my partner have decided we want to start trying for a baby. I had the coil in at the time so obviously had to get that taken out. I let me body have a period naturally before we started trying. Once I had that which was normally like what I used to get pre having the coil in we started trying.

I didnt hold out hope 100% that we would get pregnant first month trying but i started to notice a week before my next period was due that i was getting a few symptoms such as nausea, headaches, change in breasts etc but I wasnt going to get too excited yet.

(Apologise in advance for TMI in this next bit)

Skip to 2 days past when my period was due to start I noticed I started having a little deep red/brown discharge when i wiped so thought it must be the start of my period never mind we will try again next month. But I still have had a proper period! For the past week and a bit its just been the deep red/brown discharge and still having all of the above symptoms. I was wearing a pad for the first 3 days thinking my period would start but it never has and i was just throwing away pads with nothing on them.
I have done a test - well more than one but they have all been negative. I thought i saw a faint line on one but i think i was more just hoping it was there when it wasnt really.

I decided to contact my doctors and see if they knew why its was possibly doing that and if it could be implantation bleeding. But they weren't overly helpful and just said that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant that soon after having it out (even though that's not what the doctor who took it out said but anyway) and its just my body trying to have a normal period. I explained i already had a normal one but she didnt really comment after that.

I just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and if it settled down after a while or it is possible i am pregnant? Is it normally for the discharge to happen for over a week?

Thank you so much to anyone that is able to give advice on this x

In my experience contraception can do crazy things to the body and can take a long time to work its way out of your system. If you're still having negative pregnancy tests you aren't pregnant and I wouldn't worry it's anything sinister, just give your body time to adjust. Was it the copper coil you had or the mirena and how long had you had it for? Xx

Thank you so much for you reply it does put my mind at ease reading that it probably is just my body adjusting! Google can sometimes make you over worry the things you read. I had the mirena for 3 1/2 years x

No problem. Yeah, so it'll probably take a little while for your body to adjust to the difference in hormone, even though you had that initial bleed it can take a little while for things to even themselves out. But I'm sure it won't take long. I wish you a short and successful TTC journey xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back