Need help

Saxelby88

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Not been on in a while but need help.

I have PTSD and it has started to impact my sex life with DH. Badly.

Should I go direct to GP?

Thanks,

Sax x

Hi sax didn't want to read n run.. Im sorry u r going through this..I don't see how it would hurt to see ur gp it could only make things better.. Good luck

I would, but be aware that a lot of GPs (and most other people unless they've been through it themselves / are aware of somebody who has been through it) are woefully uneducated on things like this.

You may already have seen it, but this website has information about getting help: Birth Trauma Association.

I went back to the hospital where I had my son and went through all the notes from my birth with a senior midwife. It was my GP who suggested it and who set up the appointment :)

I also requested a copy of my notes from the hospital and they sent them to me in the post so that I could read through them in my own time... although they're still sitting mostly unread in the envelope as I can't quite face it still :oooo: We're planning on trying for another baby at some point, and I mainly got them so that I can re-read it all before that happens.

Edit: just noticed it says you're in Oxfordshire (I gave birth at the JR). If you gave birth in the OUH NHS Trust then the service is called 'Birth Afterthoughts' and is mentioned here: www.ouh.nhs.uk/women/maternity/postnatal/default.aspx. The information about requesting your notes is here: www.ouh.nhs.uk/about/subject-access/default.aspx... it says you might be charged for your notes, but I wasn't. If you want then I can PM you the name and email address of the person that I had contact with about getting mine :)

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. Jajis, I was told about it but I was 3 days postpartum and really not willing to think about it all at that point. I just wanted to get out of there! I had my baby in the Horton Hospital which is part of the JR group. I will request my notes. I think I will get them and have a read. Then maybe see one of the Dr's at my surgery who has a special interest in psychiatry, and a woman. So she might have a slight inkling about not wanting to be touched down there! :)

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back