need cookie / shortbread help

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok anyone who read in the baboes food bit knows i was making bikkies for leland bday party , well id gather all my bits / cutters etc and got to it tongiht making a practise batch , well ...

i seem to have a problem and dont know what i did wrong . i couldnt get the shapes out of the cutter very well so some are a bit mis shaped , is there a tip to this ?

the mixture didnt seem to be very together either ? kinda came apart too easy ? and stuck to the surface :wall: ( i did dust a bit of flour is this right?)

annnnndddddddd i think ive burnt them :oops: i thought they went hard in the oven so i left the in bit longer and erm there a bit dark and still soft so i take it they harden when cooled :oops:

told you i CANT cook or bake lmao but i wanna try ! any tips for super duper bicsuits for a complete beginner , ive never made them before till tonight !

If it was a bit crumbly Gem try adding a bit less flour next time. Also when you're cutting them dip the cutter in flour and use your fingers to push it out from the top - should come off a bit easier with the flour on the cutter. And yeah they harden when cooled :lol:

Thank crunchie for practice batches eh :lol:

hehehee well i wasnt gonna attempt it first time night before lol i cant beleive ive never made biscuits !

one trouble is some of the cutter are to make his name and there really small so cant get my finger in so how on earth am i gonna push them out !!! oh the shame of being such a begnner with the most simplest of things ! will post a pic up of the results tho :rotfl:

oh and it didnt help that i cant seem to understand my scales its got kg and lbs on it and the recipe was in g and oz and ive not got a clue :oops: so its very possible i put to much flour in it , infact i mgiht have even added more cos i thought that would make it more together :oops:

:lol: You could try pushing them out of the cutter using the back end of a knife or fork if that's small enough?

dunno there really small lmao i wanna make icing letters with them too for his cake , not sure how to even make a roll of icing :oops:

heres the cookies

n722426749_1757727_466.jpg

n722426749_1757728_819.jpg

so do they take long to cook then ? how do i know when there done and i dont kill them like i did above lmao

btw they taste ok !

They look fab Gem! The mixture looks ok, they just need a little less time in the oven. Take them out when they start to go goldeny on top and like you said they should harden as they cool. About the icing - I'd be tempted to just buy it as I can never get that type of icing right, it's a fiddle.

ok i dont need telling twice , icing on a roll it is :lol:

thanks for the tips tho ! I WILL make some nice goodies for his party !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back