need cheering up

Layla

Reaction score
Hi all

My OH has just left to go to reading festival today and im already feeling very lonely without him, trying to stop myself from crying which is just stupid coz he will be back on monday! bloody hormones!!

anyway, just need some hugs

xx

I say, have a good cry. It will make you feel better.

Go on blub, it will clear your head.

I haven't had a decent cry since all this started and I am actually quite looking forward to it.

Then think about all the things you can do while he is away.

You can watch whatever you want on the TV, slob in your pyjamas, take extended baths, watch some sloppy romantic movies that he would hate, put a bowl of your favourite sweets on the coffee table and know that they are just for you and he won't pinch one, spread out in bed, hog the duvet, bury your head in a good book, etc..........

enjoy yourself!

((((((((hug)))))))) Mondy will come real soon just you wait and see!

You could spend the whole weekend baby shopping (or window shopping) with no moans and no complaints! Bliss! (My Oh is baby mad but even he is outdone by my baby shopping expertise!)

I love the idea of soppy movies, chocolates and the duvet on the sofa, how lovely and relaxing!

Great ideas from Sarah.

Plus I dont know about Reading but the weather is peeing it down here, so while your enjoying ralaxing in front of the TV in in a hot bath, think of your OH soaking wet in the miserable rain shivering in his little tent, having to trudge to join the que to use a manky smalling port-a-loo! :twisted:

Yes, get yourself nice and cozy and think of him as a drowned rat.

He will be jealous of you! While you are sitting there with your feet up with a box of maltesers watching fifty first dates for the hundredth time

oooo sounds like fun! If you do all what has been suggested you will have a better wkend than OH chick. Plus its peeing down here aswell so I would rather be indoors with the fire on.

x x x x

Cheers guys
xx

i deicded not to fight my tears and to just let them out, but now i cant stop lol, bee crying for over an hour

Bless hun, i know how you feel, I cired when i watched Chelsea FC win the premiership, and i dont even support them!!!! It will all pass soon enough, have a nice warm bath and you may feel a bit better!

Also it is peeing down here too (brighton) has been all day!

Really bad today, i feel like im cracking up!

Last night i was laying in bed and i kept hearing noises from downstairs, i was terrifed so i text my OH and begged him to come home (i have been having dreams of someone breaking in while hes away)

he text back saying, there is no one there, hes not coming home and to sleep with the tv on so i dont hear these "noises"

the noises contunied so in the end i made myself go downstairs to see who was there, it turnt out to be next doors cat!!! he had got in through a small open window in the kitchen.

In one way i was relived coz it meant i wasnt going mad and the noises i heard where real, but in the other way i was terrfied to go back to sleep after coz every little noise scared me.

I ended up waiting till it was light (5.00am) before i went to sleep.

I still havnt been able to stop crying and now the fear of being on my own is taking over, i feel like such a fool :(

I phoned my midwife this morning to talk to her about it and she wants to see me this afternoon, hopefuly she will put my mind at ease

xx

I know how you feel, my bf stayed away for one night and i couldnt sleep in our bed! slept on the sofa with the tv on and but got so uncomfortable went to bed about 6am!! i know its horrible when you start to cry and just cant stop, i know ive been there too. Try to relax and maybe meet with friend or something just so you dont feel so lonely?

Take care hun wont be long and you wont be on your own anymore :)

Natalie x

Hello

I know how you feel if bernie went away i would probably cry till the day he came back. Since we ahve never been apart for 1 night, ever. But on the bright side at least he is coming back then you can have him all to yourself again, why don't you have a friend come stay withyou for the weekend?? Well sorry i'm not much help but *hugz* and take care.
Hope to hear from you soon. P.S. Havent heard from you in a while hows everything for you going, besides the obvious lol???
Katrina xoxo

hi saulino,

Things are ok apart from this, been busy sorting out my wedding , hows life treating you?

Well my day got worse yesterday and i ended up having to see a doc on my midwifes orders

he said i have depression and panik attacks which i cant belive coz im really happy right now.

im getting alot of past memorys coming back to me which is making me doubt who i am and who i have become etc, i feel so weak and stupid right now.

Doc wanted to give me valium but of course i cant take it coz of the baby and the midwifes are coming to check on me in a couple of days.

I hate feeling like this, i had depression 3 years aho when my first marriage broke down and ended in divorce, took me ages to get over it, but right now im happy with my OH and cant wait to marry him so i cant understand why i sudenly have depression.

The midwife thinks the pregnancy hormones have triggerd it, but she hope i can deal with it better this time as there is no sadnes in my life to keep it there.

i feel stupid telling you all this but right now i have no one else i can really talk to, plus i will prob be offline for a few days while i try to sort all this out, so i was just letting you all know.

everyone take care
x
xx

Hi Hun,

sorry to hear that you're having a rough time of it. I'm no doctor but don't let the fact that they have said the depression word again make you feel worse if you can help it. You've been there before and you've got through it and if you're actually feeling pretty happy then don't let the term weigh you down. My husband suffers from depression- anxiety based depression and when he's very down he gets totally paranoid. Sometimes he feels that the idea of "depression" as a term, or kind of illness helps him (he can say "it's not real- it's my depression talking") and sometimes he finds that he feels weighed down by the idea that he's got something particular to deal with that others haven't and frankly we both think that everyone drifts in and out of periods of what could be called depression throughout their lives and that to an extent it's just part of living. What I'm trying to say really is try and keep positive- if it makes you feel better calling it this then do but if you just feel pretty emotional right now try not to get panicked or worried about how you're feeling.

For what it's worth I've got really edgy about being alone in the house too and I'm really not like that usually. My DH is going away for two weeks in September and I know I'll be sleeping with most of the lights on and something large and swingable by my bed as well as a mobile. Just occasionally I feel really vulnerable and scared- for no reason really. I'm starting to have nasty nightmares about the birth too which doesn't help. All these things sound perfectly logical though don't they? I mean our bodies have changed so that we're not as capable as we were, we've got all these hormones racing around and coming up is a huge life change! It would be odd not to feel pretty freaked out and vulnerable I reckon!

Anyway, keep talking to all of us online and some physical people too! It does help air all of this! I really hope you feel better soon, look after yourself
((layla))
+++

awww layla big hugs hun i hope you feel bit better soon xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27