Need an induction by hormone drip - anyone know what I can expect?

katiejane

Reaction score
Hello

As you might know from the other thread my waters broke at 3pm yesterday, i've not had many contractions so far and not much seems to be happening. I'm booked to go into delivery at the hospital at 3pm to be induced if my contractions are still irregular. I've just spoken to a MW at the hospital and she says they probably won't start me on the gel, because I was already 2cm dilated yesterday morning, and it could be more since my waters went by the time 3pm comes, so will start me straight on a hormone drip. Any advice or tips? Its so odd just sat here, 3pm seems so far away!

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice or experience, but I just wanted to say good luck!! Hopefully someone will be more helpful than me! Hope all goes well x

I had the hormone drip with my 1st at 16 days od and 3 days of failed pessaries.

However I was not dilated in the slightest and totally not ready for labour imho. I did find the contractions very strong straight away and I was worried that with it not being natural, something was wrong (but all was fine x) and in the end had an epidural. Labour lasted 8 hours which isn't bad. Just be prepared to be hooked up to drips and have canulas inserted here and there. You'll be fine x You'll have your baby in no time xxx

Not sure what to expect as i'm on my first...however I wanted to wish you the very best of luck! :hug: x

i had a drip but wasnt near ready for labour and never progressed was on it 7hrs but my cousin was on drip and hour and popped her lil one out can make contractions alot more regular and painful but def can speed things along if your ready to go

Good luck hun, think you'll be fine, like the others said, they werent ready for labour, and seeing as youre already dilated a bit, your body is ready. Hope the drip makes your contractions more regular and you get your LO today! :yay:

Thanks everyone thats really reassured us both, ema-lou is ready with her phone for updates, i'm shutting down now, but if can sneak on later i will do. If not hopefully be back in the next day or two with pictures and happy news. Lots of love to you all x

:yay: so excited, youre really gonna meet your baldy baby in the next 24 hours! :yay: all the best hun xxx

Also, since you're obviously ready, you might only need it to get you started x

Good luck hun :D looking forward to updates xx

oo and no horror stories... I'm booked in there ;)

Hope everything is going well!! I had the drip with bella and well :shock: I will say good luck lol! They put it in my arm for about ten mins with zander and I told them to take it out - just coz I didn't get allong with it tho don't mean you won't as everyone is different i was 3cm when I had mine in it wasn't the nicest feeling ever but it will definatally make your contractions very strong and regular so hears hoping to a short birth

Hiya,
I had one. Not a good experience for me, but my daughter had no intention of coming out, I'd had three pessarys, cervical sweep, waters broken and still not even slightly moving. I was in labour for 19 hours.
However, your body is clearly starting to do something for itself, so I would guess yours would be quite quick with the helping hand!
I had an epidural after about 8 hours, so after that was fine! Before very painful for me, but, I'm a wimp, and they had me on a very high dose as she was not leaving. I had, and am fairly sure everyone who is induced in that way, has their bump monitored continuously just to check babys fine, but I was so tired I wasn't fussed about having to lay down!
In essence, its a pain in the bum, but as long as the little ones get out healthy, who cares!
Good luck for tonight! xx

^^ she had the baby :) Hospital didnt get their act together to organise the induction so baby decided to arrive perfectly naturally anyway :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back