Need a moan!

Bev999

Reaction score
Hi ya,
I have just been to tell work that I am pregnant. I work as a paramedic, so they take you off the road and put you on light duties. I work 2 minutes drive from my house and now they want to send me to Bristol for 2 weeks training which is a 3 hour drive a day and then work out of our control room (which is an 2 hour drive a day). And I HATE working on computers... So unhappy.:mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for listening, pointless thread, but it helped me!!!

xxx

Oh bless you!! Surely all that driving is going to be exhausting too!! I am guessing you have no alternatives? x

so sorry to hea that hun!

Im very very lucky! Im a Highways Agency Traffic Officer (usually deal with rtcs etc on M4 ) and as they have no office work & the neares Comms centre is 2 hrs away they have laid me off on full pay garden leave.

You want to tell them that its impractical to travel 4 hrs a day in your condition. Ask to be assessed by Occupational Health.

:( that seems unfair all the travelling !!

That's awful! Surely all that travel will be exhausting and stressful. I hope it goes ok :)

Aww no thats awful! x

Maybe you could say that you are too tired/sick to do all the commuting every day? Your employer has a duty of care over you esp whilst pregnant, so they would have to listen to your needs!! xx

That sounds worse than your current job!

I'd be annoyed too, surely there must be something else they can offer, fx anyway!

Xx

Thats not good :(

I suppose they would have offered you something closer if it was available? At least you aren't going to be doing anything too risky iykwim? I had this problem with uni, as I was expected to get up for 4.30am each morning to travel by train to my placement, walk half an hour to the care home and work a 12 hour shift, before travelling all the way back! And their alternative was somewhere twice as far away!!

Omg that's not on. Is there nothing else they can offer u? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

id go to occy health and see what they suggest as thats awful xxx

I hope they can find you something better. Surely there is a control room closer than 2 hrs away? We have 2 within a 45 min drive here (my sister works for the service too)

Just a word of warning, If it was me and occ health said it was unsuitable then I'd get full paid leave but if I refused to go I wouldnt be paid. Just thought I'd mention it as I've been looking at my mat leave policy :) x

Wow that seems a little unfair. Who pays for all the fuel if you do go?

They pay my fuel thank god. No other pregnant ladies have been sent, I think it's a new thing. Going to see my top boss tomorrow so fingers crossed! Thanks for all your messages. Xxx

Blimey - hope they can sort something better out, I agree with ladies check you rights carefully and push for another option based on length of time driving

Thanks ferrett! Boss not in today, but my union rep rang him and he is going to look in to it tomorrow. Rep said play on morning sickness and not sleeping well etc! Going to look at baby stuff tomorrow to take my mind off it! Thanks for checking in. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back