Need a girls name

lucylu87

Reaction score
Hi all, me and OH have decided that if baby is a boy he will be called Zak but if baby is a girl we r completely clueless... we used to like Olivia but have kind of gone off it so any suggestions would be welcome ???? We like traditional-ish names and her middle name will be Lily.

we liked Lucy for a 1st name but there are too many around where we are, we are calling our baby Emily Faith x

I LOVE the name Lucy obviously! We have been thinking Elena. but not sure. Can find a few I like but none that I love like my boys name. Think its gonna be a girl tho now.. maybe I should think of a name for every letter of the alphabet then try n narrow it down. lol

there are a few good posts on here or start your own , you start with an a and then people will add with the next letter, Elena is really nice, why not Lucy for the first name xx

I like Elena-it's lovely x

Also love Zak-it was on my list to begin with but OH said no! :-(

LMAO I just noticed that haha sorry im a bit slow most the time, we also liked the name Imogen xx

Layla or Laila is pretty, if we were having a girl we were going to have Amy or Emma x

If you went with Imogen, would it be shortened? and if so would you go with Imo or Ginny?

Could shorten imogen to gen or Genny too x

Here are my names , as I'm now having a boy called Devon Rory - it was still wide open as we were not going to find out the sex, but saw on the scan! Pretty sure I would have been going for Lyra Dael or Lyra Erin (oh fav), but I loved Marina too.
They are not your normal top 20 list type names,as I don't like those - so maybe helpful

Paeony
Erin
Imogen
Rori
Renay
Raya
Dorothy
Lyra
Romilly
Piper
Marina
Seren
Rowetta
Peta
Bronwen
Bronte

Last edited:
Hiya JJ Mum

Just wanted to say that my name is Seren. It means 'Star' in Welsh. My father is into Astrology and Astronomy. He put all the constellations on my ceiling when I was little using glow stars. I have various jewellery from Tiffany that is in the shape of stars, a star necklace, a star bracelet, matching earings, that kind of thing. It's so nice having a name that means something that I use a shooting star as my trade mark and on my signature. And of course my name on here, I am a star that lives by the beach :)

Anyway, just wanted to say I like my name and it's lovely to see it on your list.

no Imogen would just be Imogen, but we have choosen a name as we are just waiting on weekly updates of when she will arrive, we are calling her Emily Faith xx

Well, I'm not having a girl so I can share my girl list too!

Lily
Millie
Gracie
Nell
Ella
Ruby
Beatrice
Tilly
Daisy
Poppy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online