Nearly in tears thinking about...

mablestarr

Reaction score
having to leave my baby in a nursery or with a child minder all day!!

I know its a bit early but was talking to my friend this morning about going back to work after baby comes, and she was asking if I'd been looking at childcare - I hadn't so I've just been having a quick search on the internet about whats available in the area and its making me feel quite upset. I've always thought that I would be able to work full time and be a mum, but begining to have second thoughts.

What is everyone else's situation?

I stayed at home with DD until she was 2 years old and will have 11 months with Seb until I go back to college x x it was so hard for me to leave DD and I'm actually considering studying from home rather than go to college so I can spend more time with Seb x x

I went back to work when lacey was 5 months old and it was horrible!! It was only 2 days a week but it was torture!! I did start getting used to leaving her though as work was my only form of normal, adult convo! Lol this time I'm having 10 months off but don't know what I'm doing about work after!

I went bk to work full time when Jacob was 7 months old and I'm going back again in November when Lucas is 7 month old. It's hard, I admit that. Knowing my child minder was seeing more of my baby than I was is a killer, but you have to think of the bigger picture, the only reason were going to work is to provide for our children, once they are in school it won't be so bad. I think us mothers are upset about it, not the kids and they will really appreciate the family holidays and designer gear when they are a but older and the long term, secure job will be paying for it. I hope this makes sense :) xx

Last edited:
I have a dilemma as a friend is thinking about becoming a registered child minder so she can look after little one.
It's really sweet and kind but I'd kind of feel happier if it wasn't my friend as I think I would be get really jealous.
I feel a bit jealous as it is because she gets to stay at home all day with her kids and I know I'm going to have to work :(

Im the same - I dont go back until September next year when the baby is 13 months old, I will be returning to Uni. I am worried sick already about leaving both of my children, wether its with a child minder or my MIL or my mother or my OH! Im irrational! :lol:

Oh this is always a tricky one

I went back after my first to my office job after 18 weeks, and then worked 3 long days ( was 1hour drive each way), so day was too long really for baby, and used a childminder as no nursery would fit those hours, and I thought better to have a mummy figure , even if not me ,for that length of time. She earn't the same from it as I did with what was left over from my salary after paying for her. and she spent the time with my baby , then after 3 mths Rhys was sat up and pulled a large room fan down using the cable off of a fireguard onto his head, he was fine, but that was enougth for me, I couldn't find other care and so I left work ASAP.

I got a job working 10pm -2am stacking shelves at a supermarket instead, and did that for 5 nights, all worked well. I did that again after my second and then we moved when 15 weeks preg with third , so not very hireable! and then stayed at home till she was age 3, and hubby got made redundant from where I used to work, and so took my old job back again as a temp (6 years on) , got made perm and I am still there now! Only worked for me, as he was a house hubby as so kids still had a fulltime parent with them, and he is rubbish at it, but has come on in the last few years! ( He now works fulltime nights stackingshelves and I work days, works for now.

Has to be said, unless things get really tragic, I won't be going back there after this one, I am going to stay at home and juggle money, cut down, carry on work on schemes at home to prevent spending, like make all your own cards, grow veg, keep chickens etc, swapping and battering etc, you don't need that much, money can come later on X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back