So Broody - Help

First Baby White

Reaction score
I am so broody it is unreal and in reality we cant afford a baby till Harry is at school as we cant afford to pay for more than 1 lot of childcare fees :(
I cant stop thinking about it though and hate the fact my situation is stopping me having the family I want, we could afford it if it wasnt for childcare.
My friend has advised me coz I have had Harry in the last 12 months I could have a 6 month payment break from my mortgage which would mean we coulod save around £8000 as we have a massive nortgage and thats the problem. This would mean I could pay for an extra child in childcare for around 20 months which would cover Harry going till he gets some money paid by the government for his fees. Its only 2 days childcare I need.
My question is is it hormones from having harry that makes me want more and also would you push your self to the limit to have another baby??

Lots of women feel like this! God i do! Even though the worst part of my day is bedtime! I hate it as she is a real nightmare!

You'd need to check with the mortgage about payment breaks though! When i was expecting Angel my OH called our mortgage about payment breaks and they were so rude and refused to help us! We are now going through courts over repossession!!! If we had our 6 month break we'd have been perfectly fine!

Aww Sarah! You've really thought it through haven't ya!!

I am sooo broody for the pregnancy & finding out the sex and all the exciting things like that, even for another shot at giving birth, but not for the actually baby at the end! :talkhand: No ta!

What's your OH think? xx

Thanks Ladies, OH hasnt said no but he is scared ha ha, he was to scared to have kids coz he didnt think he was old enough but we fell pregnant by accident and he was fantastic, he just says he is scared to plan it ha ha

I'm the same, I'd have a baby right now! But we have talked about it, I go back to work in June, and we will only be ready for another after Riley is about 18months. IMO, i think if it's what ya want.....go for it! Life's too short, and things always work out :D

:hug: :hug:

I was broody from the moment i had mizzy and still am now, its the worst feeling in the world when you know you cant have another.

Im hoping mine passes soon.

I feel exactly the same. I am so broody at the moment, and my OH is the sensible one saying we are not ready for another child due to our circumstances. I think we have to listen to our heads rather than our hearts :hug: I advise you to do the same, in the long run it will be better for your kids because you'll be able to afford nice things for them without having to struggle and they'll thank you later. :hug:

First Baby White said:
Thanks Ladies, OH hasnt said no but he is scared ha ha, he was to scared to have kids coz he didnt think he was old enough but we fell pregnant by accident and he was fantastic, he just says he is scared to plan it ha ha

OMG that's exactly what my OH said! Having kids is great but planning them is petrifying. LOL.

Must be a man thing :D

Go for it, we're going to :shhh: :shhh:

Suzie and Faith said:
[quote="First Baby White":eek:iz8pm6i]Thanks Ladies, OH hasnt said no but he is scared ha ha, he was to scared to have kids coz he didnt think he was old enough but we fell pregnant by accident and he was fantastic, he just says he is scared to plan it ha ha

OMG that's exactly what my OH said! Having kids is great but planning them is petrifying. LOL.

Go for it, we're going to :shhh: :shhh:[/quote:eek:iz8pm6i]

yaaaaaaaaaay!! when? :D

claire2711 said:
Suzie and Faith said:
[quote="First Baby White":366aqhpn]Thanks Ladies, OH hasnt said no but he is scared ha ha, he was to scared to have kids coz he didnt think he was old enough but we fell pregnant by accident and he was fantastic, he just says he is scared to plan it ha ha

Go for it, we're going to :shhh: :shhh:

yaaaaaaaaaay!! when? :D[/quote:366aqhpn]
:shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: maybe easter-ish but :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:

Im so broody too and have been since dd was born we are ttc next summer.

I would say if having another baby is going to put so much pressure on you then don't as the last thing you want to be worrying about with a newborn is money. But on the otherhand things like this always work out. Im not putting a downer on things i just think things like this have to be thought out. You would get 9 months ml again so that would help a and like you said you do get help towards childcare.

Is there a way you could get your mortgage down by extending the amount of years on it or even downgrading to a more affordable home so there would not be as much pressure on you to work.

How exciting Suzie :D :D but I will :shhh: :shhh: :shhh:
Bloom - We couldnt downgrade as we are in positive equity as it is so we would never get another mortgage and it is already spread over 35 years so cant extend it anymore either, wish I could

I'm really broody too, but we just don't have the space. We live in a small 2 bed house, we can't even fit a table in anywhere so another baby is out of the question :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back