Nearly at the two week mark.

azeppelin

Reaction score
Hi, another new person here. I have had a good read through the forum but I'm still confused as to what I should do next.

I have two children already, who are 20 and 17 and I'm 38. I'm pretty sure there's a small person trying to make a home on my insides but it's too early to test.

I have a 24 day regular cycle, I'm due to have my period next Wednesday but I seem to have all the signs of being pregnant already.

It's been so long since I actually have been pregnant that I seriously can't remember what it was like before.

I have had headaches on and off all day - don't usually have them at all - had them the past few days, nausea, my tea tastes icky (which is an absolute tragedy as I love my tea!), boobs have got slightly larger, montgomery's tubercles are bumpier, I cried when I saw a picture of a dog (I don't usually cry when I see pictures of dogs and it wasn't even a sad dog), I had the most awful cramping in the womb area last week - no bleeding, though. I also feel like my brain is made from porridge but I do have M.E. so that's not really a whole lot different from usual although it's a different sort of mushy thought process.

Now, having checked the calendar, I did indeed have sex on the 11th June which would seem to correlate with ovulation. We haven't been using any contraception on purpose, mainly due to my age and the fact that I was on Depo for years - my last jab was August 2010 and my periods came back in December, they've been bang on every 24 days since. At the same time we haven't purposefully been trying to conceive, I don't ever wait hopefully to see if I'm pregnant or not so I don't think this is down to stress of "simply wishing I was" because right now, I wish I wasn't. If I am! If I am, then it's staying but it does make a few things a bit more awkward.

Am I still too early to test, even though I have all these symptoms? Does it look like I'm pregnant? I'm very confused. Sorry about the long post, thought I best get it all out there. :nap:

ETA - Just realised I'm due on Monday, not Wednesday. Seems that I have forgotten how to count.

Last edited:
Welcome hun.

you can try and test as iv known people to have a bfp a week before af is due.
just give it a try, go on, poas lol x x

Ha ha! I ordered some from eBay, now wondering if I did the wrong thing having seen people being upset about the cheap ones. Hopefully they'll arrive today or tomorrow. The waiting game is horrible. It's been so long since I was last pregnant and my lifestyle is so different now that I'm just having a little panic.
Before I had my health and was having a very busy life so didn't have time to notice I was expecting for ages. Now I am poorly anyway and very sedate so I reckon that's why the symptoms are all showing so much. More wondered if I am over-thinking or if what I'm going through screams "pregnancy" at everyone else. :)

Good luck and don't worry about using Internet cheapies- I've been on this forum around 18 months and have seen a LOT of bfps in my time and what I have learnt is that 99% of the time if you can see even the feintest line on an ic it is a bfp. The thing to know about ic's is that they never show up anywhere near the control line for most people until a few weeks after af is due. I knew I was pregnant this time after seeing a line which I could only see when squinting and holding up to the light lol!

Good luck! Xx

Thanks! I'm terrified. I'm in two minds about the whole thing. Yes, I would like to have another (maybe even two) before I'm too old but waaaaaaah I'm not ready yet! I'm meant to be attending some lovely parties this weekend, there'll be rum and everything and now I can't have any just in case. Ah well, fingers crossed that these tests arrive today although it said second class on ebay so might have a wait.

I've just been feeling so alone with it. I don't have any female friends who have children. I don't want to tell anyone any news because I haven't got anything solid to tell them - plus if I am then I'd rather wait 12 weeks before announcing it - so I just have nobody to talk to about how I'm feeling.
If I find out that I am then I'm going to find out straight away about pre-natal groups etc, didn't need them the first time around as everyone where I lived at the time were all being young mums, or mums to be - nowadays I simply don't know anyone with children except for me and my mum and she can't remember that far back (so she says). Although it would be my third, it's my fiancé's first so he doesn't really know what to do or say, he's being supportive but he doesn't really have any clue what's going on. :D

Curiosity got the better of me so I tried First Response and got a negative. I'll try another tomorrow but I think maybe I'm just feeling rubbish and it's premenstrual symptoms - I don't usually get any at all but the body is a strange thing at times.

I'm now a day late for my strictly regular period date, it's always every 24 days without fail, until now, all tests (tried the eBay strips and First Response) are saying Negative still. Seem to be losing something pinkish but not a lot of it, it's on and off. My periods are not like this, they start heavy and quickly so I'm now wondering what the heck is going on.
I'm sure that hCG levels should be showing by now, especially on a 10mUI test. I've tried 3 x First Response and 5 x Ebay strips since last week. I'm still having odd symptoms, heightened sense of smell, mahoosive montgomery's tubercles, nausea and fatigue. Can't see much point in seeing my GP if they're going to make me wee on something I've already been weeing on, that aren't showing any signs of anything at all.

*baffled*

Hiya. Any news yet? I'm very frustrated. I'm 12 days late with bfn's phoned nurse n she told me to wait two weeks then test again aching xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back