NCT Class

LittlePearTree

Reaction score
Hi

I just thought I would have a rant about my NCT course. I went along for the first class today and was really disappointed. All through the 2 hours session the course instructor kept saying that we should have our space protected in the labour ward & that kept asking a lot how many people we were taking to the birth for support. I thought she kept going on and on about this - so when I got home I Goggled her name and guess what - she runs a company providing birth companions who speak up and protect your space!

Secondly she was totally unlike other NCT teachers that I have heard about - she seemed to like scaring us with lines such as you will probably all poo when you give birth & you are all going to loose a lot of blood - it will gush out of you when you give birth. She does not believe in Hypnobirthing and really told us that birth is not a pleasant experience - great!

She also runs the local NHS anti-natal classes, which I could have gone to for free rather than paid £170

The 5 other ladies on the course were also a bit dull and not very chatty

Sorry rant over

oh my babe, sounds like my nightmare... id hate that.... sorry you had a bad class but fingers crossed the birth will be alright for you.... i would complain about the class if it was me... paying all that money for her to tell you what an old lady would have told you for free for an hour on the bus haha xxxx

That's such a shame. My NCT classes were fab and we have all kept in touch since the babies arrived.

Our teacher was fab. I bet it's the teacher that's the problem. If you were disillusioned by the lesson it's probable the others were too which is not conducive to getting to know people.

I'd definitely contact NCT about this as the organise and hire the teachers. The teachers are not necessarily NCT themselves. You've paid a lot of money and deserve better than this.

Contact NCT Hun that's not what they promote at all and explain you think that her opinions were one sided due to her conflict of interest.
My classes were great and I can say they helped me through my labour also the social side is great we meet up once a week for a chat and are there to support each other
Hope you get it sorted x

I had so much trouble with the booking of mine that I cancelled them in the end! I booked a course due to start mid April, but they moved me to a different one. Then a few weeks later they said they weren't doing the course that I was booked on anymore and were moving me to one that is 20 miles away! The one I originally booked onto was 2 miles away so I just cancelled and got a refund! x

I would call and complain hun, I am halfway through my NCT classes and I think their great :) much better than the NHS ones.

It could be the woman was hired from an 'outside' perspective.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It's definitely down to the enthusiasm and spirit of the teacher. I started my parent craft classes today. (I live in rural Scotland and don't have NCT stuff so it's just NHS). The first of my 6 sessions went really well. The midwife was lovely, informative, knowledgeable and fun! I'm looking forward to next week already! We're going over to the birthing centre for a look about and to be shown all the ways the bed can go for labour positions!
I'd def phone this woman's boss as there's no point sitting through more classes thinking how crap they are.

sounds completely different to my NCT class. Mine was brill. It was 2 x 5 hour sessions and a 3 hour session on breastfeeding and I now feel that I know everything that I need to. Both teachers were brill.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with yours :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back