Nausea is making me miserable.

buddabun

Reaction score
I know I should be counting my blessings and honestly I really really AM!!! But this nausea is just doing my head in. It's now 2pm and I've been up since 9 feeling rough. I can't eat (any thought of any food makes my stomach turn) and I swear it's only my abject terror or vomiting that has stopped me hurling so far. All I have managed today is my folic acid and a glass of milk (semi skimmed as I reckon I could do with the fat :lol:).

I don't lose weight, even after exercise regimes, diets, whatever,. And I have lost 2 pounds in 2 days. It's not much I know but it's enough to make me think "hang on, this isn't right". Don't get me wrong, slimming down suits me just fine but not like this.

How do you combat the nausea. I cannot stand ginger. Even the extract tablets I have repeat on me and make things worse. I have tried fizzy drinks, peppermint tea, biscuits and I just can't hack it.

I'm normally better by now but I'm just feeling so green.

Any tips?

Sorry if I'm rubbing it in for those poor ladies with heads down the pan as we speak but I'm finding this hard to cope with.

Yesterday for the first time ifelt a bit ikky.... I was really feeling ill to my back teeth and then i hulrd everywhere..... and just to top it off we had friends round. I think they know that i'm preggers!

I found that a hot water and putting my head down for a little while just took the edge of it. :puke:

tbh i'm feeling wrough now thats why i'm up at 8:30 on a saturday morning! Its a good thing that quincys on.

:lol:

I am just so determined not to actually vomit that I will suffer hunger and nausea all day. I'm still feeling rough but we're ordering an indian in the hopes that I perk up.

It's just so draining!

Hi, sorry to hear you're suffering.

I've just posted about force feeding myself to combat nausea, maybe you could try that?

xx

I just found I had to eat little an often on days like that - even when the thought of any food makes you feel terrible, you will feel better with something in your stomach :hug:

Thanks guys. I am going to have to try that.

This whole thing is really getting me down all of a sudden. I have a whopper of a headache, I have that awful crawling skin, hot/cold shivery thing like you get when you're ill and a bit feverish and I'm just feeling constantly sick (it's now 6pm and I had some spaghetti hoops on toast and there's an Indian on the way).

I know pregnancy is amazing and I want this more than anything but I just feel so crap! It's got me in tears (mind you it doesn't take much these days :lol:)

And on top of that I feel guilty for wanting the symptoms to go away...

Sorry :oops:

Drink water and eat really.

Refuse to brush your teeth :lol:

Hope you feel better soon xxx

I'm ok with the teeth brushing actually. I think the mint helps take away the taste of dead badger or whatever it is that has decided to take up residence near my tonsils.

I am drinking for Europe. I think it's one of those stupid 'pregnancy headaches' which I had with the last one. Comes on like a thunderclap and leaves just as quickly but there was nothing I could do in between :(

Sorry, I know I'm moaning but it's getting to me

Course it is hon, it's no fun at all. Don't feel bad, just cos our babies are really really wanted doesn't make pg, especially at this point, any more enjoyable! Try and eat, hon, just little bits and plain stuff, it really really does help even tho' I know you don't wanna.

I've been struggling with the whole unable to eat anything cos it just turns my tummy too.
Today I've managed some cereal. Yesterday I ate a bagel.
I don't know if you'll be able to find them but arrowroot biscuits are meant to help in the same way that ginger biscuits are meant to.
Biscuits are whats keeping my tummy with food in atm. It sucks. And I feel the same I want it to stop being like that, but then feel bad cos everyone around me is like "but you wanted the baby" its like "let me feel sorry for myself already meanies!" lol
:hug: :hug:
I hope the indian was nice and that you managed some xx

i ust to make sure i eat a little bit, a piece of toast or something in a morning or a cup of tea, this would make me be sick and would feel so much better the rest of the day. only just settleing down now been frowing up 4 11 weeks none stop now 17wks3days preg and its just every couple of days :D:D opefully it will go beeter soon 4 u :) xx

Thanks Trix - will hunt some down.

The indian was lovely but it's just the gas that gets me after eating now :lol: I'm no shrinking violet at the best of times but pregnancy seems to bring on the most impressive, resonant burps I have ever produced! And I feel sick until I've had a massive belch after eating.

Poor Mr B :lol:

I feel marginally better tonight. Just dreading tomorrow morning now :lol:

And people who say stuff like "well you wanted it" deserve a slap! Gits.

I had terrible sickness with both my boys and it didnt go until i was 16 weeks ish.. one day i just woke up and wow i felt great!

give it time sweetheart and it will ease a little :)

Thats how i knew there was something wrong when i lost baby due to EP 2 weeks ago i had NO sickness what so ever, i kinda had an feeling then that all wasnt well.

I shall try the lemony water one too. I actually quite like that although anything acidic (even milk!) gives me that weird taste in the back of my throat.

Feeling slightly better today. Off out for some fried rice which should help.

I so need prenatal vitamins as I am not getting ANY from my diet at the moment :lol:

I got sanatogen Pro natal with omega 3. Martin wen't over all the preggers multivits in boots and decided what one was the best! Whos having this baby?!

I find eating little and often helps.. the past few days have been the worse feeling sick wise, however I have managed to eat x2 toast this morning, a pot of strawberries and a jacket potatoe for lunch which is more then I have done in a while.. still feel sick though and it doesnt see to ease! I am looking forward to enjoying being pregnant! xx

I forced a half piece of toast this morning around 9... And had another around 2... And managed half a banana and dinner later on but I am having to fast tonight from 8 (it's 1045 and I'm already hungry :lol:) for my bloods tomorrow so I am going to be SO green around the gills for the appointment. They'd better see me early or I will be heaving all over them :puke:

I was trying to find a breakdown of what vitamins to have during pregnancy as the only pack I cold find over here isn't a brand I recognise. I shall copy out the contents (long list) if anyone could compare them to their vitamins or tell me if there's too much/too little/anything missing I'd really appreciate it:

Fish oil - natural : 500mg
Containing omega-3 marine triglycerides equiv.: 150mg

eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA): 90mg
docosahexaenoic acid (DHA): 60mg

Vit C: 62mg (as calcium ascorbate dihydrate)
FOlic acid: 500mcg [I think micrograms are sometimes written as ug too]
Cholecalciferol (Vit D3 200IU): 5mcg
Betacarotene: 5mg
Thiamine nitrate (Vit B1): 5mg
Riboflavine (Vit B2): 5mg
Nicotinamide (Vit B3): 20mg
Calcium pantothenate (Vit B5): 10mg
Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vit B6): 50mg
Cyanocobalamin (Vit B12): 50mcg

Magnesium: 10mg (as amino acid chelate)
Iodine: 250mcg (as potassium iodide)
Zinc: 12mg (as amino acid chelate)
Iron: 5mg (as iron phosphate)
Selenium: 16.25mcg (as selenomethionine)
Chromium: 2.5mcg (as picolinate)
Manganese: 1mg (as amino acid chelate)
Silicon: 4.68mg (as silica-colloidal anhydrous)
Calcium: 20mg (as amino acid chelate)

Chelate gets a big look in on this :lol: and I'm assuming the silicon is the capsule but does the rest of it sound about normal?

I am going to do a boots.com order if anyone can recommend a particular brand of vits? I only have 60 of these capsules.

I know just what you men hun,really does get you down but then you feel guilty for feeling depressed about it....although my sickness has been ok the last 3 days and now im actually worried as to why im not feeling as sick as i have been :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back